Carver County uses social media, such as Facebook, as a means to provide two-way communication with the public.
The County reserves the right to delete any and all comments within its sole discretion, including but not limited to comments that:
- contain vulgar language
- are personal attacks of any kind
- are offensive
- are prejudiced or hurtful remarks made toward any person or entity, including any ethnic, racial or religious group
- are spam
- include sales/promotion of goods or services, or links to other sites
- are off-topic
- advocate illegal activity
- promote services, products or political organizations
- infringe on copyrights or trademarks
- disclose data in violation of state and federal public records and data practices laws
- violates the Discrimination and Harassment prevention policy, conduct rules, or any policy regarding confidential information or defamation of others.
Please note that comments expressed on the County’s social networking sites do not reflect the opinions or positions of the Carver County, its employees or elected officials.
Carver County has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information provided on its social networking pages. However, several factors that are beyond the County's control (including unauthorized modification of electronic data, transmission errors, browser incompatibilities, information that has been cached on the local computer or storage device, or other aspects of electronic communication) can affect the quality of the information displayed on this site. For that reason, the County does not guarantee the accuracy of the information provided on its social networking sites and is not liable for reliance on this information.
Carver County does not endorse any product, service, company or organization advertising on its social media pages. The ads that appear on pages are sold, posted and maintained by the social media site.
Please note that Carver County does not share information gathered through its social media sites with third parties for promotional purposes. However, any information you provide to the County is subject to the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act. This law classifies certain information as available to the public on request.