Advisory Committees

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • Board of Adjustment - Vacancy in Commissioner District 2
  • Mental Health Advisory Committee - (2) Mandated Appointments/Vacancies    
  • Water Management Advisory Committee - One vacancy representing Carver Creek Watershed 

APPLICATION INFORMATION: To apply for a position on any of these Committees, please click the link below to fill out the form.  You can then click on "E-mail Form" at the top to submit electronically or "Print Form" to print your completed form and mail to the address on p. 2.  If you prefer, you can contact County Administration at (952) 361-1503 to receive a printed application.   Applications will be accepted until all vacancies are filled. 

Advisory Committee Application in PDF Format  (Note:  This application is in PDF Format and can be viewed and filled out using Adobe Acrobat Reader.  If you do not have Acrobat Reader already installed, you may download a copy by visiting to the Adobe website.  Follow the Adobe link for step by step instructions.)



ARTS COMMITTEE: The Carver County Arts Committee is responsible for reviewing art work at all county facilities (except libraries and museum) to ensure that they follow county policy.  The arts committee will review artwork prior to installation and community concerns regarding displayed artwork will be addressed by the committee. Review may be done via email and/or meeting.  Membership on the committee will include: Two Carver County Commissioners; Representative from the Arts Consortium of Carver County; and two community members appointed by the County Board. 

BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT - Board issues variances to the County's zoning ordinance, waives restrictions on non-conforming uses and hears appeals on zoning decisions of an administrative official.  Meetings are held monthly on the first Wednesday at the Government Center at 7:00 p.m.  Appointments are for three-year terms.  For specific information contact Jason Mielke, Land Management, Carver County Government Center, 600 East Fourth Street, Chaska, MN  55318; (952) 361-1820.

COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (FORMERLY HOUSING AND REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY) - The Agency establishes County housing and community development policy and administers related programs.  Appointment is for a five-year term.  Meetings are held monthly on the third Thursday at 5:00 p.m. in Chaska, Carver County CDA Offices.  For specific information contact Julie Frick, Executive Director, Carver County CDA, Chaska MN  55318; (952) 448-7715. 

LIBRARY BOARD - Members are fiduciary officers of Carver County who govern and set policy for the library system, represent the library to the community and the community to the library.  They obtain funding for library service and promote the use of library resources in the community.  (Governed by MN Statues 134.)  Board members are appointed for three-year terms.  The Library Board meets on the second Tuesday of each month at an assigned library branch.  For specific information contact Heidi Hoks, Director, Carver County Library Administration, Chaska, MN  55318; (952) 448-9395.

MENTAL HEALTH ADVISORY COMMITTEE - Committee advises the County Board and the Community Social Services Department on services relating to Mental Health and Mental Illness.  Types of appointments are citizens, consumers, parents of consumers and providers.  Appointments are for three-year terms.  Meetings are held the second Tuesday of the month at 4:00 p.m.  For specific information contact Rod Franks, Carver County Government Center, Chaska, MN 55318; (952) 361-1600.

MENTAL WELLNESS FACILITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE - The Steiner-Kelting Mental Wellness Facility Advisory Committee advises the Carver County Board of Commissioners on the development of the Steiner-Kelting Mental Wellness Facility and makes recommendations on the expansion of the building, security protocols, services offered, and programming of the facility. Initial work of the committee will include oversight of the RFP for selection of a service provider and input into the service provider selection process. Following the selection of a service provider, the committee will advise on the development of processes for referral and intake, hand-off and discharge planning, and monitor services for 6-9 months after opening. For specific information contact Rod Franks, Health and Human Services Director, 602 East Fourth Street, Chaska MN, 55318, (952)361-1710.   

PARK COMMISSION - Commission advises the County Board on acquisition, development, operation, and management of the park system.  Appointments are for three-year terms. Meetings are held monthly on the second Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. at Baylor, Lake Minnewashta Parks and the Cologne Public Works Headquarters Building.  For specific information contact Martin Walsh, Parks Director, (952) 466-5252. 

PERSONNEL BOARD OF APPEALS - Board advises County Board on disputes/grievances arising out of terms and conditions of employment as provided in County Personnel Regulations.  Meetings are held on an as needed basis.  For specific information contact Kerie Anderka, Employee Relations Division Director, Carver County Government Center, 600 East Fourth Street, Chaska, MN 55318; (952) 361-1525.

PLANNING COMMISSION - Commission advises County Board on planning issues, the comprehensive plan, and makes recommendations on applications for conditional use permits, rezoning and plats.  Appointments are for three-year terms.  County ordinance prohibits any person who has derived a substantial portion of income from real estate development, during the past two years, from serving on the Commission.  Meetings are held monthly on the third Tuesday at the Government Center at 7:00 p.m.  For specific information contact Jason Mielke, Land Management,  Carver County Government Center, 600 East Fourth Street, Chaska, MN 55318; (952) 361-1820. 

UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA EXTENSION COMMITTEE, CARVER COUNTY - Committee develops and evaluates programs; selects personnel; evaluates performance of personnel; develops budget and public relations programs.  Appointments are for three-year terms.  Meetings are held at the Extension Office a minimum of six (6) times per year.  For specific information contact Carver County Extension Office, Cologne, MN  55322; (952) 466-5300. 

WATER MANAGEMENT ORGANIZATION - This Committee will work with staff to make recommendations to the County Board on matters relating to the water plan.  As the need arises or for special projects, the County Board reserves the right to obtain additional input from stakeholders and citizens who may not be serving on the advisory committee.  Meetings are held monthly on the last Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m.  For specific information contact Paul Moline, Planning and Water Management Department,  600 East Fourth Street, Chaska, MN 55318; (952) 361-1825.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer