Division Director/County Engineer
Deputy County Engineer
Parks & Recreation Director
Administrative Services Manager
Connect with Us
Carver County Public Works is actively working on planning efforts that are driving Carver County’s transportation future.
Capital Improvements Plan Map - Coming Soon!
See the County’s five-year plan of road and bridge construction projects. View CIP projects by year.
See the County’s highway and bridge preservation projects for 2018 - 2020.
This plan was developed to help the County prioritize major future transportation investments with an emphasis on safe and efficient travel, as well as identify potential fiscal resources to advance these projects. Read all sections of the 2040 Comprehensive Plan.
Other Regional Planning
Visit the Southwest Corridor Transportation Coalition for information about local efforts to improve transportation the southwestern Twin Cities Metropolitan Area, including developing the corridor’s highway system.
To meet the transportation funding gap to address high priority highway and bridge improvement needs, the Carver County Board of Commissioners adopted a resolution to use new revenue sources to address the budget shortfall and fund highway construction projects over the next 20 years.
This plan documents Carver County’s approach to reduce the number of fatal and life-changing injury crashes that occur on the county highway system.
This plan details how the County will ensure that all pedestrian facilities within public rights of way are accessible to all individuals.
The Carver County Americans with Disabilities Act Pedestrian Facilities Transition Plan for County Highway Rights of Way includes:
- Self-evaluation results of the County’s right of way study to identify necessary improvements.
- Policies and practices: These define the County’s improvement and maintenance strategy, and identifies design standards.
- Improvement schedule: This schedule includes goals set for compliance.
- Grievance procedure and ADA Coordinator: File a grievance
- Strategy to gather public input to inform the creation of this plan.
- Plan to monitor progress towards goals and to maintain this plan.
This plan is used in conjunction with the recommended annual budget to connect financial strategies to the County’s short-term and long-term strategic goals and objectives. Visit Financial Services for more information.