Purpose & Evaluations
Carver County partnered with MnDOT and the City of Norwood Young America to conduct a transportation study for the State Highway 5/25, County Highway 33/Reform Street, and US 212 area. This intersection is considered a priority in the County Highway Safety plan. The study began in April 2018 and included the evaluation of intersection alternatives at the State Highway 5/25 and County Highway 33 intersection to address the existing intersection safety issues. A roundabout option was identified as the preferred alternative. The study also looked at the surrounding area, specifically Reform Street North.
Additional evaluation was completed on the selected roundabout layout to consider how this project would interact with MnDOT’s 2020 programmed improvements for US 212.
Carver County is continuing to coordinate closely with MnDOT and Norwood Young America to simultaneously deliver the State Highway 5/25, County Highway 33 roundabout and the US 212 project in 2020.
Goals & Objectives
- Improve driver safety at the State Highway 5/25 and County Highway 33 intersection
- Improve traffic flow at the State Highway 5/25, County Highway 33 intersection as well as the State Highway 5/25, US 212 intersection
- Maintain adequate intersection and access spacing
- Plan for future growth in Norwood Young America
Current Traffic Impacts
This project is in the design phase, there are no current traffic impacts.
What to Expect
This project is in the design phase; no community impacts are expected at this time. Check back for open house announcements.
- Carver County, MnDOT and the City of Norwood Young America are actively holding meetings with local business to ensure access during construction.
Maps & Detour Routes
Check Back Soon
Updates as planning progresses.
Anticipated Project Schedule
Summer 2020: Construction begins
Reports & Documents
Check back soon for additional information.