Highway 41 Earthcam
Click this link to open the EarthCam in a new window for a full screen view of the construction camera.
The Highway 41 Expansion Project in the Jonathan area will ease traffic congestion and address growing safety concerns on approximately 1-mile of Highway 41 in Chaska.
Highway 41 is a main arterial road for the local community and a regional connector, linking downtown Chaska and Highway 169 to Highway 5. This project continues the 4-lane expansion north of the Highway 212 interchange and provides more comfortable and convenient options for pedestrians and bicyclists.
Current Traffic Impacts
Highway 41 between Hundertmark Rd. and Pioneer Trail is open to traffic.
- Lane or shoulder closures are possible between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m Monday-Friday
What to Expect
- Core work hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Anticipated Project Schedule
Early May 2018: Construction begins
- Highway 41 closes to traffic between Hundertmark Road and Pioneer Trail.
- Shared-use trail closes on the east side of Highway 41 between Hundertmark Road and Pioneer Trail
- Highway 41 reopens to traffic
- Pedestrian tunnel opens to pedestrians/bicyclists
- Finishing touches completed throughout the project area
- Landscaping work along the trail between Hundertmark Road and Pioneer Trail