Carver County is making upgrades to Lyman Blvd from Highway 41 to Galpin Blvd in the cities of Chaska and Chanhassen.
Highway 18/Lyman Blvd. is a main arterial road for the local community and connector for area businesses. This project will ease traffic congestion and address growing safety concerns for drivers, bicyclists, and pedestrians at the intersections of Lyman Blvd at Highway 41, Peavey Rd, and Norex Drive by removing the existing traffic signal or stop signs and constructing a roundabout at each intersection.
Utility relocation is anticipated to be completed in summer/fall 2019. Construction has been pushed to spring 2020.
Area improvements include:
- Better area traffic flow
- Improved access to local businesses and for residents by minimizing highway crossings in the area
- Pedestrian/bicycle crossing and accessibility upgrades at the intersections of Lyman Blvd at Highway 41 and Peavey Rd
- Trail connections to existing trail systems between Chaska and Chanhassen
Upcoming Traffic Impacts
Mon, Aug 19 through Mon, Aug 26, 2019
- Lyman Blvd between Peavey Rd and Norex Dr will be closed to traffic for utility relocation.
- Detour route: Galpin Blvd, Hwy 5 and Hwy 41
Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
Utility relocation Mon, Aug 19 through Mon, Aug 26, 2019
What to Expect
More information will be shared prior to construction.
Anticipated Project Schedule
- Utility relocation
- Construction begins