Carver County is making upgrades to Lyman Blvd from Highway 41 to Galpin Blvd in the cities of Chaska and Chanhassen.
Highway 18/Lyman Blvd. is a main arterial road for the local community and connector for area businesses. This project will ease traffic congestion and address growing safety concerns for drivers, bicyclists, and pedestrians at the intersections of Lyman Blvd at Highway 41, Peavey Rd, and Norex Drive by removing the existing traffic signal or stop signs and constructing a roundabout at each intersection.
Utility relocation is anticipated to be completed in summer/fall 2019. Construction has been pushed to spring 2020.
Area improvements include:
- Better area traffic flow
- Improved access to local businesses and for residents by minimizing highway crossings in the area
- Pedestrian/bicycle crossing and accessibility upgrades at the intersections of Lyman Blvd at Highway 41 and Peavey Rd
- Trail connections to existing trail systems between Chaska and Chanhassen
Current Traffic Impacts
Sept 26 through early November:
- The right-turn lane on northbound Highway 41 to go eastbound on Lyman Blvd is closed for utility work.
* Use Lyman Blvd, Highway 5 and Galpin Blvd to get around construction
- The right-turn lane on Lyman Blvd west of Highway 41 is closed. Motorists will need to use the thru lane to go southbound on Highway 41.
- The southbound right-turn lane at the Highway 41/Lyman Blvd intersection is closed. Motorists will need to use the thru lane to go west on Lyman Blvd.
Utility relocation through fall 2019.
What to Expect
More information will be shared prior to construction.
Anticipated Project Schedule
- Utility relocation
- Construction begins