Carver County, in collaboration with MnDOT, Chaska, Victoria, Waconia, and Laketown Township, is working to identify transportation system improvements on Highway 10 from Highway 43 in western Laketown Township to Highway 61 in the City of Chaska. Highway 10 is an important roadway in Carver County providing connections to multiple communities and accommodating vehicle, pedestrian, bicycle, transit, and freight traffic alike.
The goal of the study is to identify long-term corridor improvements to support local and regional transportation needs.
- Define transportation system issues and potential opportunities both today and into the future
- Develop and evaluate potential infrastructure improvement alternatives
- Establish infrastructure improvement recommendations
- Develop a long-term implementation plan that can be phased in over time
The project will have multiple opportunities for the public to provide input. Sign up for project updates to receive notifications.
Comments are being collected through an interface called INPUTiD, a web-based tool that allows site-specific comments to be submitted during different project phases.
- You can review a summary of comments from the initial existing conditions phase.
- You can leave comments on the concept development phase.
- At the open house held on December 19th, multiple concepts were presented for review. To submit site-specific comments, please use the INPUTiD tool through February 9th. To review all materials, visit the Documents and Reports section below.
You may contact Angie Stenson, Project Manager, with input for the study at any time.
The study kicked off in late September 2018 and is scheduled to conclude in March 2020. The next open house will be held on December 19, 2019 with the third open house anticipated in February/March 2020 to gather input from the community.
Documents and Reports
- Goals, Objectives, and Performance Measures
- Existing Conditions Documentation
- Purpose and Need Framework
- Public Open House #1 (August 21, 2019) Information Boards
- Open House #1 Summary - 8/21/19
- INPUTiD Summary - 9/12/19
- Public Open House #2 Information Boards
- Public Open House #2 Hwy 10 East Layout
- Public Open House #2 Hwy 10 West Layout