Carver County, in collaboration with MnDOT, Chaska, Victoria, Waconia, and Laketown Township, is working to identify transportation system improvements on Highway 10 from Highway 43 in western Laketown Township to Highway 61 in the City of Chaska. Highway 10 is an important roadway in Carver County providing connections to multiple communities and accommodating vehicle, pedestrian, bicycle, transit, and freight traffic alike.
The goal of the study is to identify long-term corridor improvements to support local and regional transportation needs.
- Define transportation system issues and potential opportunities both today and into the future
- Develop and evaluate potential infrastructure improvement alternatives
- Establish infrastructure improvement recommendations
- Develop a long-term implementation plan that can be phased in over time
The project will have multiple opportunities for the public to provide input. Sign up for project updates to receive notifications.
- Thank you to those of you who provided input on the proposed improvements and timing of the implementation plan in April and May 2020. The Online Open House Summary is now available for review.
- Review the summary of comments from the initial existing conditions phase of the project.
- Review comments submitted through INPUTiD for the concept development phase (commenting period closed on 2/9/2020).
- Review project materials under the “Documents and Reports” section near the bottom of the page.
- Submit comments by email anytime to Angie Stenson, Project Manager.
The study kicked off in late September 2018 and is scheduled to conclude in summer 2020. The most recent public open house was held online from April to May of 2020 to gather input from the community on proposed improvements and the timing of the implementation plan.
Documents and Reports
- Goals, Objectives, and Performance Measures
- Existing Conditions Documentation
- Purpose and Need Framework
- Public Open House #1 (August 21, 2019) Information Boards
- Open House #1 Summary - 8/21/19
- INPUTiD Summary - 9/12/19
- Public Open House #2 Information Boards
- Public Open House #2 Hwy 10 East Layout
- Public Open House #2 Hwy 10 West Layout
- Online Open House #3 Summary