A corridor traffic management, safety, and phasing plan for corridors near the Arboretum in Victoria, Chanhassen, and Chaska
- Highway 5 (Arboretum Blvd.) from the City of Victoria’s western city limits east past the Highway 41 intersection to Century Blvd. in the City of Chanhassen
- Rolling Acres Rd. (Highway 13) & Bavaria Rd. from 82nd St. W north to Highway 7
- 82nd St. W from Bavaria Road east to Highway 41 (Hazeltine Blvd.)
Watch our project overview video!
- Engage communities to build consensus on an area-wide transportation vision for project corridors
- Develop locally supported transportation improvements that address traffic management, safety, and project phasing along the corridors
- Identify short-, mid-, and long-term transportation improvements along the project corridors
This project is a corridor traffic management, safety, and phasing plan with a focus on community engagement and consensus building. The project team will conduct public engagement activities with the goal of creating a community-focused transportation vision.
The project includes technical analysis of current conditions in the following areas: traffic and design needs, access management, frontage road needs, safety, connectivity to major highways in the area, bicycle and pedestrian connections, transit needs, stormwater requirements, and environmental screening and documentation. The recommended improvements will incorporate these transportation need areas.
County Public Works Division, the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT), and the Cities of Victoria, Chanhassen, and Chaska
Stay Informed, Get Involved
Engaging stakeholders is a key component of the Arboretum Area Transportation Plan. There are multiple ways that you can get involved!
INPUTiD is a web-based tool that allows site-specific comments to be submitted during different project phases. The comment period for the existing conditions phase has ended and comments are no longer being accepted. Please review the INPUTiD Summary for a list of common concerns. If you have questions or comments, please reach out to one of the project contacts.
Check back later to comment on potential improvements. As improvement alternatives are developed and shared with the public, they will be uploaded into the mapping tool for public discussion.
Public Open House:
Tuesday, December 17, 5:30 - 7:30pm
Minnesota Landscape Arboretum - MacMillan Auditorium, 3675 Arboretum Drive, Chaska
Please join us at the open house to review and provide input on the range of potential improvement options on Highway 5 (from Rolling Acres Road to Hwy 41), 82nd Street West, Highway 41, Bavaria Road, and potential interim improvements on Rolling Acres Road.
Multiple open houses will be held to share updates and collect public input. For notification of schedule information, subscribe to e-Bulletins or follow Carver County Public Works (@carvercountypw) on social media.
Questions, comments, or concerns? Reach out to Angie Stenson, AICP, Carver County Senior Transportation Planner at 952-466-5273 or email@example.com