Highway 41 Earthcam
Click this link to open the EarthCam in a new window for a full screen view of the construction camera.
The Highway 41 Expansion Project in the Jonathan area will ease traffic congestion and address growing safety concerns on approximately 1-mile of Highway 41 in Chaska.
Highway 41 is a main arterial road for the local community and a regional connector, linking downtown Chaska and Highway 169 to Highway 5. This project continues the 4-lane expansion north of the Highway 212 interchange and provides more comfortable and convenient options for pedestrians and bicyclists.
Current Traffic Impacts
Through early June
Expect lane shifts and closures on Hundertmark Rd. and on Highway 41 between Hundertmark Rd. and Highway 212. View map.
- Eastbound Hundertmark Rd. will be reduced to a single lane of traffic between Faber Lane and Highway 41. Drivers will make left, right, and thru movements all from the same lane at Highway 41.
- On the east side of Hundertmark Rd. at Highway 41, thru traffic and right turns will be made from the same lane. Two Twelve Medical Center and Super America will be accessible from Hundertmark Rd. at all times.
- Southbound Highway 41 will be reduced to a single lane of traffic between Hundertmark Rd. and Highway 212.
- Northbound Highway 41 will be reduced to a single lane of traffic at the Highway 41/212 interchange.
Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
What to Expect
- Highway 41 from Highway 212 to just north of Pioneer Trail will be expanded from a 2-lane to a 4-lane highway.
- The intersections at Hundertmark Road and Pioneer Trail will have signal and accessibility upgrades, and be able to handle added lane capacity.
- A pedestrian tunnel will be built under Highway 41 near Lake Grace that connects the trail on the west side of Highway 41 to the existing trail on the east side of the highway.
- A noise wall will be built along the west side of Highway 41 north of Hundertmark Road to Lake Grace.
- Full closure of Highway 41 from Hundertmark Road to Pioneer Trail from June to September 2018.
- Law enforcement partners will help keep traffic moving during construction. Watch for traffic controllers in the area Mon-Fri during peak travel times when Highway 41 is closed.
- Full trail closure from Hundertmark Road to Pioneer Trail (east side of Highway 41) from June to September 2018.
- Intersection reconstruction at Highway 41/Hundertmark Road and Highway 41/Pioneer Trail. This work will be completed in phases so these intersections can remain open to traffic throughout construction. Drivers should expect delays, especially during peak hours.
- Highway 41/Hundertmark Road will have a temporary signal.
- Highway 41/Pioneer Trail will go to a three-way stop.
Maps & Detour Routes
For an accessible version of the Highway 41 Detour Route click here.
Highway 41 between Hundertmark Road and Pioneer Trail will be closed from June to September 2018 for construction. The detour is Highway 212 to Powers Boulevard to Lyman Boulevard to Highway 41.
Trail Detour Route - Coming Soon!
The shared-use trail on the east side of Highway 41 between Hundertmark Road and Pioneer Trail will be closed from June to September 2018 for construction.
Anticipated Project Schedule
Early May 2018: Construction begins
- Highway 41 closes to traffic between Hundertmark Road and Pioneer Trail.
- Shared-use trail closes on the east side of Highway 41 between Hundertmark Road and Pioneer Trail
- Highway 41 reopens to traffic
- Trail and pedestrian tunnel open to pedestrians/bicyclists
Spring 2019: Landscaping work along the trail between Hundertmark Road and Pioneer Trail
Reports & Documents
Check back soon!