2018 Camping Season Reservations will open - 1/9/18 7:30a.m. CST
Enjoy a peaceful, convenient family camping experience at Baylor Regional Park. The campground has many large shade trees, providing protection from sun and wind while creating a natural camping environment. Located in the rural agricultural setting of western Carver County, Baylor Regional Park Campground is within an hour and a half drive of much of the metropolitan area. The fifty campsites include thirty-five water and electrical hookups. Shower and restroom facilities are conveniently located for visitor use. While camping, enjoy the park facilities including: playgrounds, walking trails, horseshoe pits, sand volleyball courts, beach facility, paddle boat rental, canoe rental, multi-use field, play equipment, observatory and picnic shelters.
2018 Camping Season: Friday 5/11 - Saturday 10/20
2018 Camping Fees:
$26.00-per night for campsites with water and 30 amp. electrical hookups
$18.00-per night for primitive campsites
$5.00-per night for vehicle parking (not included with the camping fee)
$8.00-reservation fee (non-refundable)
$25.00-Annual Vehicle Parking Permit
$14.00-Second Annual Parking permit
$10.00-Non-camper dump station fee (not included in annual vehicle permit)
$ 5.00-Cancellation fee per night per site
2018 Mid-week Camping Packages!
Mid week reservation special must be made through parks office at (952) 466-5250 (Mid-week is defined as Sunday - Thursday excluding holidays)
3 Night Stay (Buy 2 Nights Get 3rd Night Free)!
- Utility Site for only $52.00 - Does not include Daily Parking Fee.
- Tent Site(primitive) for only $36 - Does not includes Daily Parking Fee
4 Night Stay (Buy 3 Nights Get 4th Night Fee)
- Utility Site for only $78.00 - Does not include Daily Parking Fee
- Tent Site(primitive) for only $54.00 - Does not include Daily Parking Fee
Specific camp sites can be reserved but not guaranteed
Camping Reservations begin the second Tuesday in January - Camping begins second weekend in May and ends the third weekend in October.
To make a reservation or for additional information, contact the park office at (952) 466-5250.
Reservation fees are non refundable.
Reservations cancelled more than 7 days before the arrival date will be refunded the camping fee(s).
Cancellations made within 7 days of the arrival date there is a $5.00 per night, per site cancellation fee.
Reservations cancelled on the date of arrival are non refundable.
The Carver County Parks office is open Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Any message left after the park office closes is considered part of the next business day.
General Camping Rules and Information:
- There is a firewood restriction in place at the campground, be aware that your firewood must be purchased onsite or from another certified source in the local area.
- Camping permits are issued to person's age 18 and older. An adult must accompany persons under age 18.
- Maximum of 8 people per site.
- Limit of one RV and one tent OR two tents per site.
- One camping unit per site
- One car/vehicle per site (Additional parking available at Park Office)
- Vehicle permits are required on all motorized vehicles (including towed or trailer vehicles)
- Maximum camping stay is 14 calendar days per month. Must change sites after 7 days. There is no limit on length of stay on Monday through Friday camping. Campers exercising this option agree to vacate on weekends and holidays (weekends include Friday and Saturday night reservations).
- Quiet hours are from 10 P.M. to 7 A.M. daily.
- Fires are allowed only in fire rings or self-contained grills.
- Cutting and burning of park trees (dead or alive) is prohibited.
- No wildlife within the park shall be disturbed in any manner.
- Pets are allowed in campgrounds only if kept on leash no more than six feet in length.
- No pet may be tethered to a tree or plant. Owners are responsible for removal of pet feces and disposing of it in a sanitary manner. Dogs cannot be left unattended.
- Check-out time is 2 P.M. and check-in time is 3 P.M. to 8 P.M.
- Management reserves the right to remove campers who violate park rules, are belligerent or abusive.
- Park rules and ordinance enforced by Carver County Sheriff's Department.
- For a complete listing of park ordinances and rules, contact the park office.
Campground Programming & Events:
To celebrate the final weekends of camping season, Baylor Regional Park Campground hosts a Chili Cook-Off annually this year the Chili cook-off will be held on TBD. This unique event fills the campground and draws interest from surrounding communities each year. Aside from "bragging rights" until next year, winners are also awarded trophies and prize baskets.
Coveted Chili Honors include:
- Judge's Choice Awards: Chili Champ, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, Hottest Chili, & Most Unique Chili
- People's Choice Award
Saturday Morning Mischief Programs run Memorial Day thru Labor Day:
Each Saturday morning throughout the Camping season, Campground Staff have developed self-guided outdoor-based programs, designed for the entire family. Craft projects, story walks, scavenger hunts, photo searches...cool things! Our Morning Mischief Programs are FREE and run from 10:00am - 11:00am from the Campground Office/Lobby area. See our Mischief Program guide to learn what opportunity you will have when you stay at Baylor. Ask Campground Staff for more information upon your arrival and check-in.
Campground Map and Brochures: