Lake Minnewashta Regional Park - Off-Leash Area Information
***Please be advised: trails during this season might be icy and/or very wet and muddy depending on recent weather conditions.
Carver County Parks continues to work on the development of the new off-leash dog area at Lake Minnewashta Regional Park.
Permits for the off-leash dog park have been eliminated as of December 1, 2019
The off-leash dog area has about .8 mile (.4 wood chipped and .4 aggregate) of walking trails, a separate small dog area for dogs under 25 pounds, a fenced pond, two large open spaces for interactive play with other dogs and a water fountain for humans and pets (will be available seasonally from May - September).
The funding for the development of the off-leash dog area was a partnership between the City of Chanhassen, City of Shorewood and the Shorewood Parks Foundation, and Carver County.
Off-Leash Dog Area Rules
- Dogs must be properly licensed and vaccinated.
- Pets must be under control at all times.
- Maximum two pets per handler.
- Children must be supervised.
- Clean up after your pet.
- Dogs in "heat" are not allowed in the Dog Park.
- Handlers are liable for damage or injury inflicted by their dogs.
- Handlers must have a leash at all times.
- Dogs outside of the off leash area MUST be leashed.
- All other park rules and regulations enforced.
- No food, treats or toys in off-leash area.
Fenced Boundary of Off-Leash Dog Area
- Fence marks the boundary of the off-leash dog area
- Fence does not prevent dogs from jumping over, climbing through or leaving the off-leash dog area
- Fenced boundary does not release handlers from controlling their dogs at all times
- Fence does not eliminate the possibility of other animals to enter the off-leash dog area
For additional information about the off-leash dog area contact the Carver County Parks Office 952-466-5250.