Volunteering at Carver County Parks:
If you enjoy being active outdoors, then this is the perfect place for you to volunteer! Our volunteers are an important part of our Parks' community. In addition to valuable Stewardship & Adopt-a-Trail projects, volunteers also assist with adult and youth programs ranging from canoeing & archery to stand-up paddleboarding & log rolling. Let us know what interests you!
Earth Day Service Celebration
- Sat., April 22nd, 2017 9:00-11:30am
- Learn about conservation & play in the dirt while giving back to your parks with Habitat Restoration, Buckthorn Removal & Park Clean-Up! Projects will be followed by a picnic for volunteers!
- Great for scout and conservation groups! If bringing a group, please let us know in advance: 952-466-5250 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bike Konnect Event Volunteers
- June 17th, 2017 9am-noon
- Duties could include: Assist with route set-up, parking, registration, water stops, first-aid, on-course directions, or post-ride activities.
- View the volunteer options and sign up to help here!
Outdoor Recreation Teaching Volunteers
- Summer volunteers needed for stand-up paddleboarding, canoeing, archery, logrolling, geocaching, and youth camp assistance. Year-round volunteers also needed!
- Duties could include: help set-up equipment for programs, participate in program, assist with group management at program, help put away equipment after a program. Some programs may include lifting, so please indicate if lifting would be an issue for you and we will adapt the volunteer opportunities to suit you!
- Apply to be an Outdoor Recreation Volunteer with the Parks Department; must successfully pass a background examination.
Campground Host - Volunteer
- This position spans the summer season and incorporates a variety of customer service duties while camping at Baylor Regional Park. Click here for more information. To apply please email Sam Pertz, email@example.com
Campground/Campfire Program Volunteers
- Our campground is very active in the summer months from Memorial Day-Labor Day and we provide programming for families to enjoy during their stay. If you are interested in helping with these programs let us know!
- Possible duties could include:
- Outline and lead creative craft projects/activities for families to enjoy during our free Saturday Morning Mischief programs at Baylor Regional Park Campground.
- Outline and lead entertaining campfire programming for families to enjoy during their stay at Baylor Regional Park Campground.
- Apply to be a Campground/Campfire Program Volunteer; must successfully pass a background examination.
Adopt a Trail Volunteers
- Trail sections are approximately one-mile long. Adopters are expected to monitor their section of trail (collecting garbage etc.) and report back on conditions 2-3 times per year.
- Commitment is 2-years per application round. Signage will be placed along the trail recognizing the adopter(s) of that section.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952-466-5250 if interested in getting involved with this program. Application can be downloaded here.
Have a Scout or School Group interested in volunteering?
We work with groups like yours frequently and would love to have your organization come out to the parks, trails, or waterways to help with conservation projects! Senior Projects, Eagle Scout & Gold Award Projects are welcome. We will work with you to find the right project for the park, for you & for your crew.
Find the right project for by contacting us: email@example.com or 952-466-5250
There are currently seasonal job opportunities available with the Parks Department. Seasonal positions are typically available in the spring. For more listings of job openings as well information on how to apply, visit the Carver County Employee Resources Department web page.
Typical Seasonal Positions Include:
- Seasonal Park Services Attendant
- Seasonal Park Programmer/Instructor
- Seasonal Park Maintenance
- Seasonal Aquatic Invasive Species Inspectors now managed by Carver County Water Management Organization
- Lifeguard (Trained and hired through Minnetonka Aquatics)
Click here for information about other local park agencies.
12:00 PMChanhassen Feb Fest
9:00 AMHooked on Books