2018 Meetings and Packets
2017 Agendas & Minutes
(All Meeting dates are tentative - Meeting agendas and packets are typically posted the Friday prior to the meeting.)
Meeting Agendas Archive
(currently contains agendas from January 2009 - December 2016)
The Park Commission is a citizen advisory board consisting of seven members appointed by the County Board.
The Duties of the Park Commission include:
(1) A survey of existing, proposed and potential parks to serve as a guide to the preservation of unique areas, the protection of water and land areas and to locate leisure time areas for outdoor recreation;
(2) The preparation and periodic updating of a county's comprehensive park plan;
(3) Recommendations to the Board of Commissioners for park land acquisition and methods of financing and maintenance;
(4) Preparation and revision of master plans for county and regional parks;
(5) Additional items as the Board of Commissioners may, from time to time, assign to the Commission for its study and report;
(6) Review and recommendations on the annual park budget and capital improvements program before presentation to the County Board;
(7) Review and make recommendations on general park operating policies;
(8) Initiate park policy recommendations to be presented to the County Board; and
(9) Review and comment on Metropolitan Parks and Open Space Commission policies.
The Park Commission for Carver County typically meets the second Wednesday of every month at the Carver County Public Works Building (11360 Hwy 212 West, Cologne MN 55322) at 6:30 p.m.
(Park Commission meetings occasionally involve tours of park facilities or potential park facilities and will meet at the park location. Meetings with site tours often times begin at 6:30 p.m. Always check the meeting agenda to confirm meeting time and location.)