Registration for our public programs is done through our community partners. Search your local parks department or community education guides.
The events calendar will link you to the registration site for each program.
This is where you will be able to find the activities and resources we are creating to help you recreate in your parks while safely maintaining physical distancing.
- Family Scavenger Hunt
- Park Adventure Quest
- Leaf Hunt
- Track Finder
- Intro to Disc Golf (Video)
- Maple Syrup Virtual Tour (Video)
- Storywalks (Video)
- Nature Walk (Video)
Visit our Youtube channel for educational videos!
- There are many opportunities to start a new annual tradition with your family! Carver County Parks hosts several special events throughout the year ranging from Candlelit Ski & Dog Sled Events to Camping with the Stars Weekend (Astronomy Theme). Not to mention the deliciously popular Maple Syrup Open House in the spring!
- Carver County will be hosting the Tonka Mud Run at Minnewashta Regional Park On July 11, 2020!
- More information about our Annual Special Events!
- Carver County Parks hosts outdoor recreational programs & lessons in partnership with most city parks departments & community education locations in the county.
- Most Day Camps and Adult & Family Programs are offered through our partnerships. Please visit our calendar of events to find a program that's right for you and your family then follow the link in the event for registration through our community partners.
- Instructors are Carver County Parks employees who are excited to teach the topic you're interested in and answer your questions!
We offer private program booking for groups of all kinds, including families, corporate team building, schools, scout troops, churches and any other group. Our offerings include more than 20 types of recreation activities!
Please contact the Parks Office for more information & booking.
When you are camping at Baylor Regional Park there's always something fun to do!
Saturday Morning Mischief is a free program that runs every Saturday morning from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Stop in between 10am and 11am to pick up a grab and go craft like watercolor painting kits, sand art or dream catchers.
Drop-In Archery: In the afternoons from 1pm to 3pm ,we offer $5 drop in style archery lessons, also from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
We offer rental equipment at multiple parks including canoe, paddleboard, paddleboat, disc golf, snowshoes, and XC ski. Visit the Park Fees page for more info.
For the summer of 2020, there will be enhanced rental service at Lake Minnewashta Regional Park. Document with more info:
- Schedule a trip out to the park with your group to do a volunteer project like tree planting, landscaping, or trash pickup.
- Visit the Get Involved page for more information.
- We are looking for volunteers for our annual Minnewashta Mud Run.