The State of MN is offering COVID-19 Relief Grants for Veterans and Surviving Spouses
- Recently, Gov Walz signed an economic relief package into law which includes $6.2M for Veterans and surviving spouses with two main focus areas:
1) $1,000 grant paid directly to Veterans or surviving spouses
2) $3,000 paid to vendors for house payments/repairs, rent, property taxes, utility bills, medical bills, auto payment/repairs/insurance (this application must apply through our office)
- Applicants must be a veteran (per state statute) or surviving spouse AND demonstrate a “financial loss,” (i.e. reduction or severance of a household’s earned/unearned income)
- For more information on the seven possible situations to be eligible for these grants, please visit the Minnesota Association County Veterans Service Officers COVID 19 Grant Fact Sheet.
Carver County Veteran Services
Empowering, Educating, and Advocating for Carver County Veterans & their Families!
The County Veteran Service Officers of Minnesota are here to ensure that all Veterans, their families and survivors receive all of the benefits and services they so well deserve for the hardships they have endured.
Veteran Services Office Staff
Dan Tengwall, Veteran Services Officer
Brett Lyons, Assistant Veteran Services Officer
Charles Maxfield, Assistant Veteran Services Officer
Dean Christiansen, Veteran Services Representative
Doug Krohn, Veteran Services Transportation Driver
Glen Smith, Veteran Services Transportation Driver
Contact Veteran Services
This website is designed to introduce you to the wide range of benefits available to those who have served their country and to their dependents. Only the highlights of the various programs are covered by this site. The information is not all inclusive or regulatory and should not be interpreted as such. There are specific qualifying criteria for each benefit. We urge you to take full advantage of the benefits to which you are entitled. Please consult with your County Veteran Service Office for detailed information and assistance.