Carver County is updating its comprehensive plan, an important tool for guiding the growth of the county. The plan will outline countywide policies for a variety of areas such as land use and transportation, with the purpose of creating a unified vision for Carver County from today through 2040.
Community Engagement Opportunities
- May 21, 2019 at 4:00 pm: Public Hearing at the Carver County Board of Commissioners Meeting.
- Public hearings are an opportunity to speak directly to the Planning Commission or Board of Commissioners about the final draft of the 2040 Comprehensive Plan. Comments will be entered into the official record.
Online Comment Submission
If you cannot attend the public hearing, comments can be submitted:
- By email to email@example.com
- The comment box at the bottom of this page
- All comments received by May 20, 2019 will be entered into the official record of the public hearing held at the County Board of Commissioners meeting on May 21, 2019.
Carver County staff have revised the 2040 Carver County Comprehensive Plan based on comments received during the 6-month review period.
This version highlights changes made to the plan based on comments submitted during the 6-month review period.
- Benton (strike-through)
- Camden (strike-through)
- Dahlgren (strike-through)
- Hancock (strike-through)
- Hollywood Township (strike-through)
- Laketown (strike-through)
- San Francisco (strike-through)
- Waconia (strike-through)
- Watertown (strike-through)
- Young America (strike-through)
In May of 2018 a draft of the 2040 Comprehensive Plan was sent to adjacent and effected jurisdictions for a 6-month review period. The review period was also open to any members of the public. Responses to all written comments received during the 6-month review period can be found below.
Planning and Water Management Department Manager
Public Services Division
email (952) 361-1825