Open House Wed. June 27th from 4pm to 7pm.
Review the plan. Discuss with staff and provide input on the draft plan. Specific components include the Transportation, Water & Natural Resources, Parks, Open Space, Trails (P.O.S.T.) and Land Use sections of the plan.
Carver County Public Works - Conference Rooms 1, 2, and 3
11360 Highway 212, Cologne, MN 55322
If you cannot attend, scroll down to submit a comment electronically.
Carver County is one of the fastest growing counties in the State of Minnesota, and it is important to plan for the future of the County. The update to the Carver County's Comprehensive Plan will outline countywide policies and priorities, working toward a unified vision for Carver County through 2040. The comprehensive plan helps guide the growth of the County and advises future policy and investments in infrastructure such as transportation, parks, trails and water resources.
Why is the County Updating Its Comprehensive Plan?
State law requires that comprehensive plans be updated at least every 10 years, and align with the Metropolitan Council’s regional system plans related to highways, transit, airports, wastewater services, parks and open space. Carver County’s last major comprehensive plan update was completed in 2010. The County is required to complete this comprehensive plan update, submit it to the Metropolitan Council for review and approval, and have the County Board adopt it by the end of 2018.
Draft 2040 Comprehensive Plan Document
The 6-month affected jurisdiction and public review draft of the 2040 Carver County Comprehensive Plan is available. The following links can be clicked to viewed specific draft chapters of the plan.
- Title Page and Table of Contents
- County Overview
- Land Use
- Benton Township Policy Chapter
- Camden Township Policy Chapter
- Dahlgren Township Policy Chapter
- Hancock Township Policy Chapter
- Hollywood Township Policy Chapter
- Laketown Township Policy Chapter
- San Francisco Township Policy Chapter
- Waconia Township Policy Chapter
- Watertown Township Policy Chapter
- Young America Policy Chapter
- Water & Natural Resources
- Parks, Trails and Open Space
- Appendix A: Glossary
- Appendix B: Required Transportation Reference Items- TDM Transportation Analysis Zone Socioeconomic Data Tables & Figures
- Appendix C: Parks and Trails Analysis
If you would like to view the full draft plan not separated by chapter, please click the following link: Full 2040 Draft Comprehensive Plan
How to Submit Comments on the Draft
There are multiple ways to submit comments on the draft 2040 Comprehensive Plan. The following ways can be used to submit comments:
- The comment box on the bottom of this page.
- Via email to email@example.com
- Written comments can be sent to 600 E 4th Street, Chaska, MN 55318 attn: Planning and Water Management Department
Upcoming Community Engagement Events
Throughout 2017, a variety of community engagement events took place to help guide in the development of the draft 2040 Comprehensive Plan. In 2018, there will be additional events and online resources to review the draft 2040 Comprehensive Plan with the public. Upcoming in-person events include the following:
- June 27, 2018: Public Open House at Carver County Public Works Building in Cologne.
- October, 2018: Public Open House at the Carver County Government Center in Chaska (date yet to be determined)
- November, 2018: Public Hearing at the Carver County Planning Commission Meeting.
- December, 2018: Public Hearing at the Carver County Board of Commissioners Meeting.
Please 'like' the Carver County Facebook page and 'follow' Carver County on Twitter for any news and upcoming events regarding the comprehensive plan process.
Planning and Water Management Department Manager
Public Services Division
email (952) 361-1825
- Metropolitan Council's Thrive MSP 2040
- Carver County System Statements
- Demographic Projections
- Carver County 2030 Comprehensive Plan