Remember the old adage: one man’s trash is another man’s treasure? Many people throw out items that could be useful to you.
Before you buy something new, consider trying to locate a “like new” or gently used item. With the internet, finding what you want is nearly as easy as stepping into a store. Try online resale sites, local consignment shops or classified ads in local papers. You will more than likely save some money and reduce waste-a win-win!
Some ideas to help you get started!• Craigslist
• Amazon (used books)
• Yard/Garage Sale
• Classified Ads in local papers
• Consignment or pawn shop
• Used children’s clothing and toy shop
• Used sporting goods shop
• Antique shops
• Library book sales
• Local Facebook swap/exchange groups
Some LOCAL resources!
• Body Expressions Consignment – Chaska
• Carver County Libraries – Chanhassen, NYA & Waconia
• Carver Junk Company – Carver
• Clothes Mentor – Eden Prairie
• Golf USA – Eden Prairie
• Goodwill – Chanhassen, Chaska & Shakopee
• Once Upon A Child – Eden Prairie
• Once Upon A Child – Shakopee
• Shop 501 – Chaska
• The ATHC Attic Thrift and Gift – Watertown
• Way To Go Sports – Minnetonka