Manufactured Home Information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
TPS Contact

Envelope1 Sign up for tax payment reminders for mobile homes,
real estate and personal property

Manufactured Home Taxes

The tax statements for manufactured homes are mailed once a year to the taxpayer around the end of March. Statutory deadline for mailing is July 15th of each year. The first half is due by August 31st and the second half is due by November 15th.  If the entire amount due is $50 or less the total amount will be due on August 31st. The tax statement is mailed to the person that was the title holder on January 2nd of the year the taxes are due, they are the liable party for the entire tax year. 

You can obtain tax payment information from our website by searching the Property Tax Records. Enter the parcel number or address information and wait for the tax information to appear. If you enter an address, several parcels may appear. Select the desired parcel and wait for the tax information to appear. You can obtain a copy of the tax statement on this page or for a fee by calling the Property Tax, Elections, and License Centers at (952) 361-1910.

If you sell a Manufactured Home and transfer title to the new owner, you need to bring us proof of the transfer. If not, Carver County will assume you are still the owner. Tax statements will continue to be issued in your name.  Any delinquent taxes will be submitted for collection under your name to the Minnesota Department of Revenue Recapture Unit.  The amount owing will become tax liens and could be deducted from any State of Minnesota refunds or lottery winnings you may have coming. Please provide Carver County with a copy of the current title so we can make sure our records are correct.

Paying Manufactured Home Taxes

  • By mail – must be postmarked by the US Post Office on or before the due date. Please mail payment and stub to Carver County, P.O. Box 69, Chaska, MN 55318-0069
  • In person – cash or check payments are accepted at the Property Tax, Elections and License Centers located in the Carver County Government Center, 600 East 4th Street, Chaska, MN from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday.  Taxpayers should enter at the main entrance of the Government Center located by the Veterans Memorial (Entrance #1).
  • 24 hour drop box – located in the main parking lot of the Carver County Government Center, 600 East 4th Street, Chaska, MN.
  • On-line at online payment feature is only available for a current year tax payment. Note: penalty on late tax payments accrues the day following the due date and increases monthly. Prior year delinquent payments cannot be paid online.  
    • E-check - $1.20 service fee is applied to each transaction. When paying online, use only ACH allowed bank account to avoid any bank issues, penalty, and/or additional fees.
    • Credit & debit card - 2.35% service fee is applied to the tax amount (minimum fee of $1.20). Payments are considered timely if processed by 11:59pm on the due date. To avoid potential technical problems, pay prior to the due date.
    • Returned payments - when making online payments, accurately key your account information to avoid returned payments which will result in additional fees & penalty.

      Per Minnesota law a service fee is applied to each transaction. Service fees are charged and retained by a third-party vendor for on-line payments. Payments are considered timely if processed by 11:59pm on the due date. 

Selling a Manufactured Home and Transferring Title

When selling your mobile home you must transfer title to the new owner. The following is a list of requirements for transferring title:

  • All taxes must be paid in full including the current year.
  • A certified letter from the Taxpayer Services Department stating the taxes are paid.
  • Current certificate of title with any required lien releases.


These items must be taken to the Minnesota Department of Motor Vehicle Office. (If accessing the DVS website, click on "Locations" to find the location nearest you.)  Once the new title is received the new owner must bring it to the Carver County Property Assessment office to change ownership on the county records.

Moving a Manufactured Home

If you are planning to move a manufactured home, whether it is by a professional mover or by yourself, you must have a certified letter signed by the Carver County Property Tax, Elections and License Centers stating there are no current year or delinquent taxes owing on the manufactured home. There is a charge for this letter.

Questions Regarding a Manufactured Home

For tax questions, please contact the Carver County Property Tax, Elections and License Centers at (952) 361-1910.

For questions regarding market value or classification, please contact the Carver County Assessor's office at (952) 361-1960.

For title transfer questions, please contact the Chaska License Center at (952) 361-1900 or Chanhassen Service Center at (952) 361-3900.