License Center - Chaska
Service Center - Chanhassen
Land Records/Tax Forfeiture
Property Assessment &
Your notary public commission must be registered in the county in which you reside.
To register in person, go to the Carver County Government Center located at 600 E 4th St, Chaska. The commission will be registered in the Property Tax, Elections & License Centers Department. You will need to bring the following:
- Your driver's license or State ID card.
- Original notary card/letter.
- Fee of $20. We accept cash, checks or credit/debit cards (Visa, MasterCard & Discover). Please make check payable to Carver County.
To register by mail, you need to mail the following items to Carver County:
- Original Notary Public Commission
- Sign the left line on the front as your name appears on the commission
- Sign the right line on the front as you will when notarizing a document
- Copy of your driver's license or State ID card.
- Notary (witnessing your signatures) should stamp/sign the lower back of the commission paper
- Fee paid by check or money order. Please make payable to Carver County.
- Mail to Carver County, Attn: Vitals, 600 E 4th St, Chaska, MN 55318-2102.
You will need to re-register if you have had a name change (fee will be charged) or moved (within Carver County no fee).
Please contact the Carver County Property Tax, Elections & License Centers Department at 952-361-1910 with any questions.