License Center - Chaska
Service Center - Chanhassen
Land Records/Tax Forfeiture
Property Assessment &
We currently have no tax forfeited parcels for sale.
Conditions of Sale
- All sales are subject to existing leases and building restrictions appearing on record at the time of forfeiture and to easements obtained by any governmental subdivision or agency for any public purpose.
- All property is sold "as is."
- These properties may or may not conform to local building and zoning ordinances, and the buyer should understand that environmental and/or watershed/water conservation issues may affect the property. Carver County makes no warranty that the land is "buildable".
- All sales are final and no refunds or exchanges are permitted.
- If a parcel has cancelled special assessments, the special assessments may be re-assessed by the municipality.
- The appraised value DOES NOT represent a basis for future taxes, nor does the purchase price of land reflect Taxable Market Value of Property.
In order to protect your legal interests, we recommend that you consult with your attorney on legal matters.
Important Notice: You may not have clear title to property after purchase. Tax forfeiture will create a break in the chain of title, and services of an attorney may be necessary to make the title marketable.
At the time of your purchase, you will be required to sign a disclaimer stating you understand these conditions.
If Torrens Property
If a new Certificate of Title is requested in your name, you will need to contact Stephanie Young at (651) 463-3613 (Torrens Examiner). There could be additional court proceedings that need to be conducted along with additional costs.
Items Needed To Complete Sale
Driver's License or State Identification Card
Social Security Numbers of all buyers or Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
Cash or One Good Check payable to: Carver County
Debit & Credit Cards NOT Accepted!
Payment will be for the purchase price of the property plus fees:
- State Deed = $25
- Assurance Fee = Purchase Price X 3%
- State Deed Tax = Purchase Price X .0033 if greater than $500; minimum of $1.65
- Ag Conservation Fee = $5
- Recording Fee = $46
- Well Certificate = $50 (only required if property has a well)
Note: Carver County cannot accept credit or debit cards for these transactions at this time.
Application for State Deeds will be submitted to the State of Minnesota after checks have cleared the bank. Your recorded State Deed will be sent to you in approximately 90 days.
Important Notice: You may not have clear title to property after purchase. Tax Forfeiture will create a break in the chain of title, and services of an attorney may be necessary to make the title marketable.