License Center - Chaska
Service Center - Chanhassen
Land Records/Tax Forfeiture
Property Assessment &
New Voting Equipment in Carver County - effective 2018 State Primary Election!
Carver County has purchased a new voting system to be used in all elections, starting with the August 14, 2018 State Primary Election. The new equipment includes the Election Systems & Software (ES&S) DS200 vote tabulator to be used by voters in their polling locations.
The ES&S DS200™ combines our familiar paper-based balloting system with the flexibility and efficiency of the most advanced digital image technology.
- Modem: After the polls close, transmits vote totals directly from the polling place
- Flexibility: Processes a variety of ballot sizes and designs, from 11" to 19"
- Convenience: Lightweight, compact, easy for election workers to set up, and easy for our voters to use
- Compliance: Usability, accessibility, and security enhancements comply with the Federal 2005 Voluntary Voting Systems Guidelines
- Independence and privacy: People with special needs can ask election workers for assistance marking their ballots, or they can use the AutoMARK ballot marker to mark their ballots. Once marked, the voter inserts their ballot into the DS200™ vote tabulator for counting.
- Flexible communications: 12-inch LCD touch screen makes it easy for election workers to operate the system, and for our voters to cast their ballots.
The Carver County Property Tax, Elections & License Centers Department administers all federal, state and local elections within the county and reports election results, and the department oversees voter registration within Carver County. In that role our office works hard to encourage people to participate in our democratic process.
This website is part of that effort. We make available an online voter registration application, which you can print from your computer, complete and mail to our office. You can even begin the process of voting at this website by downloading an absentee ballot application. If you need to know where to vote, please use the Online Precinct Finder. For directions to your polling location, please use our precinct listing.
Contact the Carver County Property Tax, Elections & License Centers Department with any questions or comments.
Your participation in our democracy is important for the good of our nation, our state and our community. We encourage you to be an active participant.