If you have recently moved to Carver County, please note the following:


Correct records are important and will enable us to better serve you in the future.  Please review your name and mailing address on any documentation you receive from Carver County.  If they are incorrect, please contact us at (952) 361-1910 or


New ownership or a change in ownership name(s) requires a new homestead application. Please contact the Property Assessment Department at (952) 361-1960 or


Tax statements are mailed once a year by March 31st. The first half tax is due May 15 and the balance is due October 15th or November 15th depending on the classification of the property. If you are unsure of the due date, whether the full year taxes have been paid, would like to obtain a copy of the tax statement, or would like to sign up for an electronic tax payment reminder, please visit Search Property Tax Records on our website or call us at (952) 361-1910. Failure to receive a property tax statement does not exempt the taxpayer from timely payment of taxes due.


If your name and/or permanent residential address have changed since you last voted, you will need to re-register to vote before any future elections.  The voter registration application available online is also available from most city hall offices, Carver County public libraries, the Elections & Licensing Department in the Government Center, or as part of the driver's license application. If you have any further questions, please contact us at (952) 361-1910 or


If you have moved, you must update your driver's license.  Also, you may need to renew your motor vehicle registration, purchase a game and fish license, renew a registration on a watercraft or all-terrain vehicle, or apply for a passport.  Carver County operates license and service centers located in Chaska and Chanhassen that provide these services.  In compliance with federally mandated laws, not all services are provided at both centers.