Chanhassen Service Center
Chaska License Center
State of MN Road Test
Liquor & Tobacco Licenses
Applications for passports are accepted at the Chanhassen Service Center and the Chaska Government Center (court house). Due to federally mandated laws stipulating that not all types of services can be provided at one location, the Chaska License Center (DMV) cannot accept applications for passports.
Apply in person using the DS-11 form if at least one of the following is true:
- You are applying for your first U.S. passport
- You are under the age of 16 or your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under the age of 16
- Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen or damaged
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago
Passport Renewals: you must renew your passport by mail. Complete the DS-82 form if the following are true about your most recent passport:
- Is undamaged other than normal wear and tear
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Was issued with the last 15 years
- Was issued in your current name or you can document the change with an original or certified copy of our marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order
Appointments: Appointments are recommended at the Chanhassen Service Center location. If you do not have an appointment, you may have a longer wait time. Individual customers, without an appointment, that require passport services must arrive at least one hour prior to closing. Appointments are required at the Chaska Government Center location.
Photos: You may purchase passport photos at the Chanhassen Service Center or the Chaska Government Center. The cost is $15. Federal photo requirements. Appointment is not required for a photo only transaction.
Current Processing Time: Six to eight weeks from date of application
Expedited Processing Time: Three weeks from date of application. There are additional fees per application for this service.
If you need a passport for international travel within two weeks, contact the Minneapolis Agency or call 1-877-487-2778 for an appointment.
Children Under 16: Both parents and child must be present. Parents must have a valid driver's license when applying for a passport. For renewals, the previous passport and certified birth certificate are required.
Passport Fees: fees vary depending on the form you need to complete.
You will need a separate check for each passport application payable to U.S. Dept Of State. This can be a personal check or money order. Cash cannot be accepted for these fees.
The Carver County execution and photo fees can be paid with cash or check payable to Carver County. You can combine payment for multiple applications.
Visit travel.state.gov for further information and a printable application.