418 Pine Street Chaska, MN 55318
418 Pine Street Chaska, MN 55318

The following services are available at both the Chaska License Center and at the Chanhassen Service Center:   

  • Registration/Tab Renewal for cars, trucks, trailers, and motorcycles
  • New-to-State Registrations
  • Title Transfers for all motor vehicles and mobile homes

 Minnesota Driver and Vehicle Services offers forms for motor vehicle transactions.

Insurance information must be provided at the time of registration renewal, title transfer or application for new Minnesota title/registration.

Title Transfer

The seller must complete the following information on the current Minnesota or Foreign State Title Certificate:

  • Date of sale
  • Odometer statement
  • Purchase price
  • Damage and emissions disclosure statements
  • Signature(s)
The buyer must present the following:
  • Title Certificate as completed by the seller
  • Drivers license or state issued identification card
  • Current insurance information
  • If applicable, name and address of lending institution along with the date of the loan

New-to-State Registration

If you are moving to Minnesota, the foreign state title must be submitted. If the title is unavailable, the current registration must be submitted.  Applicants need to provide the following information:

  • Current odometer reading
  • Driver's license or state-issued identification card
  • Current insurance information
  • If applicable, name and address of lending institution along with the date of the loan
  • If leasing, a copy of the lease agreement or a power-of-attorney from the leasing company and the company's Minnesota Tax ID number
  • The owner's signature is required on the Minnesota Title Application

Registration Renewal

For registration renewal, submit the renewal notice.  If the renewal notice was lost or not received, the registered owner must provide the vehicle license plate number and current driver's license or ID card so the staff can access state records and issue your tabs.  The vehicle must be in your name to purchase tabs. If the vehicle is not registered in your name you will need a power of attorney document or written authorization from the registered owner of the vehicle. Fees vary according to classification and year of vehicle.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer