Physical activity does not have to feel like work. Playing sports or simply spending time playing with your kids are great ways to exercise and burn calories. Look for ways to incorporate play into your daily routine. Here are some tips to get you started.
- Plan family outings and vacations that include physical activity (hiking, backpacking, swimming, etc.).
- Dance with someone or by yourself. Take dancing lessons. Hit the dance floor on fast numbers instead of slow ones.
- Join a recreational club that emphasizes physical activity.
- At the beach, sit and watch the waves instead of lying flat. Better yet, get up and walk, run or fly a kite.
- When golfing, walk instead of using a cart.
- At a picnic or barbecue, avoid overindulging on the food by playing badminton or volleyball.