Carver County Public Health offers a local public health internship (includes field experiences, clinical placement, etc.) program to provide a “real life” experience to future Public Health professionals. Participants will have an opportunity to work with experienced public health staff, encounter “real life” public health challenges, apply their classroom learning, learn new skills and gain a greater understanding of local public health. We are pleased that you are considering applying for an internship at Carver County Public Health!
Interested candidates should submit their request and complete application by the deadline.
Applying for the program does not guarantee admittance.
Session: Application Due:
Spring October 15
Summer February 15
Fall June 15
*Specific start and end dates of internships will be determined by preceptor and intern.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or professional degree program at a U.S. college or university. Recent graduates are not eligible.
- Written and verbal contact from the school instructor is required before acceptance.
- A contract must be in place between Carver County Public Health and the college/university before the internship can begin.
- Internships will be considered for 120 - 450 hours. Requests for fewer than 120 hours will be considered on a case-by-case basis and should be submitted to email@example.com.
- An interview and references may be requested before accepting a student.
- Preference may be given to students living in and/or from Carver County, and/or students currently enrolled at local colleges or colleges within Minnesota.
- Internship experiences are unpaid unless informed otherwise.
- We reserve the right to deny placement on the premise that we do not have the capacity or time due to departmental availability.
A Carver County Public Health internship application consists of:
- Application and Resume
Please submit a completed Internship Program Application and your most current resume that includes both paid and volunteer experience.
- Personal Statement
Your personal statement will inform Carver County Public Health about your experience and internship goals. It will be reviewed as a writing sample; please carefully proof-read and edit your submission. Personal statements should not exceed 500 words. Please address the following:
- Why are you interested in public health?
- What will you contribute to Carver County Public Health, if selected?
- How will this internship help your future professional goals?
Internship application materials can be sent to Carver Count Public Health at:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Carver County Public Health
Attention: Katie Lohse
600 4th Street East
Chaska, MN 55318