Government Center Human Services Building
Workforce Services offers support and resources for job seekers. The staff oversees employment and training programs and provides workshops and training events. Workforce Services also offers employer services and programs for local companies.
There are many employers in the area looking for qualified employees! And you can meet with the employers right here on-site at Carver County Workforce Service Center. Please click on this link to access our Employer of the Day Calendar for February:
The Workforce Center Resource Room located at 602 E. 4th Street in Chaska is open to the public five days a week from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. It is also open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesdays from Labor Day to Memorial Day. Some of the resources available are:
- Computers to be used for job search or work related purposes.
- Reference books to research companies.
- Videos to assist in your job search.
- Job Leads from the Southwest Metro area.
- Printer, copier and fax machine that can be used for job search purposes.
- Resource Room Specialists who can help to answer your questions.
- Information on community resources for those who are homeless, low-income, or at risk of homelessness.
Minnesota Family Investment Plan (MFIP) / Diversionary Work Program (DWP)
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - Employment and Training Program
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program is for adults who are low-income. It is designed to serve the "universal client" with priority given to certain target groups. A person must be screened for eligibility before receiving any training funding. For more information call 952-361-1711.
Workforce Center Forms
Job seekers are asked to complete the Workforce Service Center Information Form so staff can better assist in job searches, employment program and training opportunities.
Those participating in employment programs IF eligible and approved by your counselor may be asked to complete the Workforce Service Center Mileage Reimbursement Form.