Workforce Services

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Workforce Services
Government Center Human Services Building
(952) 361-1711

Workforce Services offers support and resources for job seekers. The staff oversees employment and training programs and provides workshops and training events. Workforce Services also offers employer services and programs for local companies.

There are many employers in the area looking for qualified employees!  And you can meet with the employers right here on-site at Carver County Workforce Service Center. Please click on this link to access our Employer of the Day Calendar for December:

current EOD

Resource Room

The Workforce Center Resource Room located at 602 E. 4th Street in Chaska is open to the public five days a week from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Some of the resources available are:

  • Computers to be used for job search or work related purposes.
  • Reference books to research companies.
  • Videos to assist in your job search.
  • Job Leads from the Southwest Metro area.
  • Printer, copier and fax machine that can be used for job search purposes.
  • Resource Room Specialists who can help to answer your questions.
  • Information on community resources for those who are homeless, low-income, or at risk of homelessness.

Employment Programs

Dislocated Workers Program
This program is for people who have been laid off. The Dislocated Worker Program offers free services to help individuals find suitable reemployment and help take the stress and uncertainty out of the process. Services are tailored to address an individual's specific needs. You may be eligible for this program if you are out of work through no fault of your own and eligible for Unemployment Insurance. Call 952-361-1711 for more information or to apply for the Dislocated Worker Program.

Minnesota Family Investment Plan (MFIP) / Diversionary Work Program (DWP) 

MFIP helps families with children meet their basic needs, while helping parents move to financial stability through work. Parents are expected to work, and are supported in working with both cash and food assistance. Most families have a lifetime limit of 60 months on MFIP. MFIP participants work with an Employment Counselor to develop an Employment Plan. Call Financial Assistance Intake at (952) 361-1600 for more information and to apply for MFIP.
When families first apply for cash assistance, they usually start in the Diversionary Work Program (DWP). It is a four-month program that helps parents go to work right away rather than enroll in MFIP.


Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - Employment and Training Program

Referred to as SNAP - E and T this program is for individuals ages 18 to 50 who are currently receiving SNAP food support. For information on food support services, call Intake at (952) 361-1600. 

Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)

The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program is for adults who are low-income. It is designed to serve the "universal client" with priority given to certain target groups. A person must be screened for eligibility before receiving any training funding. For more information call 952-361-1711.

Youth (Summer and Year-Round- Ages 14-24)
The Youth Program provides summer and year-round work experience and academic enrichment activities. The summer youth program serves low-income targeted youth who are 14-24 years old. Eligibility is complicated and the federal government now requires most funding to be spent on Out-of-School Youth.  Most of the recruitment for the Youth Program is done in the spring for summer employment.  Call Tracy at (952) 361-1717 for more information on In-School Youth or Out-of-School Youth programs. 



In-School Youth

(Defined as age 14-21 and still in school, live in Carver County and meet additional eligibility criteria)

Out-Of-School Youth

*We recruit Out-of-School Youth year round!!*

Do you live in Carver County?

Are you between the ages of 16 and 24?

Are you NOT enrolled in any sort of school or training program?

If YES to all of the above, and you would like assistance with training or job search, please click the following link to apply for Carver County's Out of School Youth Program:

Please note that other eligibility criteria apply. Please fill out application completely so we can determine if you are eligible.

If you have questions about this program or application, please call Tracy at 952-361-1717.  Once your application has been screened for eligibility, Tracy will contact you to schedule an appointment.

Contact TRACY GREENWOOD at or 952-361-1717 if you have any questions.

Workforce Center Forms

Job seekers are asked to complete the Workforce Service Center Information Form so staff can better assist in job searches, employment program and training opportunities.

Those participating in employment programs IF eligible and approved by your counselor may be asked to complete the Workforce Service Center Mileage Reimbursement Form.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer