Homeless Resources

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Housing Information for County Residents

There are no shelters for the homeless in Carver County or Scott County.  If you are homeless or are going to lose your housing, call the CAP Agency at (952) 496-2125 during regular business hours and ask for Emergency Assistance. The Mental Health Crisis Team and local law enforcement provide vouchers for After-Hours Emergency Shelter.
Call the Crisis Line at 952-442-7601 or call 911.

The nearest homeless shelters are in Minneapolis. The Sharing and Caring Hands shelter Mary’s Place and the Families Moving Forward emergency shelter program accept families from Carver County if space is available. First Call for Help 211 can help families and individuals determine what shelters have openings.
Call 211 or 651-291-0211.

CAP Agency administers the Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP).
Call 952- 496-2125.
Financial Assistance provides information on the county’s Emergency Assistance Programs and other types of assistance. Call during regular business hours.
Call 952-361-1600.
HousingLink provides access to affordable rental housing information.
Carver County Community Development Agency (CDA)  offers subsidized housing programs and services for those facing home foreclosures.
Call 952-448-7715.

 The Salvation Army provides emergency assistance for county residents as funding allows.
Call 952-898-2736.

Community Resources and Crisis Services

Employment Services
Energy Assistance
Food and Clothing Resources
SmartLink Transit Transportation Services

Love INC of Eastern Carver County
River Valley Nursing Center
Bridging Furniture Depot
Culturally Specific Agencies Resource List

Mental Health Crisis Program  24/7 mobile crisis services.
Call 952-361-7601.
Crisis Nursery childcare for children whose parents are in crisis.
Call 612-839-5101.
Sexual Violence Center 24/7 Crisis Line, counseling, and victim support.
Call 952-448-5425.
Five Stars Recovery Center chemical dependency treatment and sober housing.
Call 952-454-0468.
Veterans Services emergency shelter and housing services for veterans.
Call 952-442-2323.
Southern Valley Alliance for Battered Women emergency shelter for battered women and their children.
Call 952-873-4214.
First Street Center crisis services, mental health assessments, therapy and psychiatry to adults, adolescents, and children in Carver County, case management services, and chemical health services.
Call 952-442-4437.
myHealth (formerly West Suburban Teen Clinic) medical and reproductive healthcare, mental health counseling for teens and young adults.
Call 952-474-3251.
Bridge for Youth crisis shelter for youth ages 10-17 located in Minneapolis.
Call 612-377-8800.