Financial Assistance

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


Due to the state of emergency declared by the governor of the state of MN, our offices are temporarily closed.  We are committed to providing continued services to you, please continue to call and/or email your worker and we will respond as quickly as possible.  Due to our current work situation, response time may be longer than normal.  If you have paperwork to turn in, please do so by email, fax or drop in drop box outside the building.  We thank you for your patience and understanding.


 The Financial Assistance staff determines eligibility, issues benefits, and provides case management for all public assistance programs. We provide assistance to the elderly, disabled as well as low-income families and individuals. Our goal is to provide individuals with the financial support that they need and that they are eligible to receive. Each person applying for public assistance has different factors that may affect eligibility; it is our job to apply program policy to each household’s specific situation.

 As a first step in determining if you will possibly qualify for various programs you can use the Eligibility Screening Tool.

Call (952) 361-1600 or (888) 966-6379 for more information on how to apply for assistance. Or visit the Carver County Government Center Human Services Building, 602 E. 4th Street, Chaska.



This institution is an equal opportunity provider.