Are you looking for Child Care? Let us help you!
Below are a few websites to explore in your search to find child care:
- Department of Human Services Licensing Look-up (DHS)
- This website gives you a full listing of all licensed in-home providers and centers in Minnesota.
- In the County or City field enter the county or the specific city you wish to find care.
- Under the Type of Service field, select “Family Child Care” (or “Child Care Centers” if interested in a center).
- Click Search. No other fields need to be filled in.
- Parent Aware of MN
Access licensed programs that have volunteered to receive a star rating.
- Scroll down to Selecting a Program.
- Click on Choosing Care Checklist to search for care in your are
- To see a visual of where the licensed facilities in Carver County are located, along with contact information for that program, visit the Carver County Child Care Licensing webpage.
*If you are considering a specific Carver County in-home child care provider, please feel free to call Carver County Child Care Licensing at 361-1714. At this time you can verify that the provider is licensed, and can ask if there are any complaints, negative actions, or any investigations pending in the provider’s file. We can also go over some of the parent evaluations that we have received regarding the provider.
Additional information may found in these resources:
- Monitoring licensed child care
- Your Child's Safety in Licensed Family Child Care
- Think Small website
(We do not license child care centers. They are licensed by DHS. Information on a specific child care center may be reviewed on the DHS Licensing Look Up website referenced above. If you need to contact a licensing agency in regards to a child care center, you can call the DHS at 651-431-6500.)