What is the process to become a Licensed Provider?
1. Call Carver County Child Care Licensing at (952) 361-1714 to register for the upcoming Information and the Orientation sessions.
- The sessions are held at the Carver County Government Center, 602 East 4th Street, Chaska, MN.
- Enter the facility through Door #2, just to the right of the flagpole. Signs will lead you to your destination.
- Doors will be closed at the scheduled start time.
- Due to limited facilities children will not be admitted into the session
- Cell phones must be set on mute and not be accessed during sessions
- Please give us a call if an interpreter is needed
- In case of inclement weather call us to confirm whether the session will be held.
2. Attend the Information Session where you will receive a packet of forms to fill out.
3. Responsibilities of the Applicant:
- Complete the packet of forms
- Register for the required pre-licensing training
- Schedule a physical with your physician
- Submit an application to the MN Fire Marshall for a home inspection
- Complete paperwork for NetStudy Background and bring a copy of identification.
4. Register for the Orientation session.
5. Bring the completed packet of forms to the Orientation session along with a non-refundable personal check or cashier’s check in the amount of $50.00, payable to Carver County Health & Human Services. (Licensing Fee)
6. The Child Care Unit will then review all application forms.
7. The unit will generate the Applicant Initiated Instruction form and will send it to you so that you can create an account in NetStudy 2.0 and begin your background study process.
8. Reference letters will be mailed by licensing to those you have indicated on the application.
9. When above the items are received and complete, the licensor will call to schedule home inspection.
10. Upon completion of the home inspection by the licensing agency, with all necessary requirements met, Carver County will submit the license application request to DHS.
11. DHS will mail you your License.