The Family Child Care Provider Licensing Unit, operating as an agent of the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS), is responsible for licensing family child care homes in Carver County. The staff provides information and resources for child care providers and families seeking child care. Click on the links below for more information:
- Finding Child Care in Carver County
- Forms for Licensed Providers
- Legal Unlicensed Child Care
- Licensing Process
- Provider Rules & Regulations
- Required Training for Providers & Staff
- Resources for Providers
- School Readiness Activities
Call Intake at (952) 361-1600 to access the Child Care Provider Licensing Unit.
Child Care Centers
Centers that provide child care are licensed by the state. For information regarding a child care center, call DHS at (651) 431-6550 or visit the DHS website for general information on child care centers.