Child Support Services

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Due to the state of emergency declared by the governor of the state of MN, our offices are temporarily closed.  We are committed to providing continued services to you, please continue to call and/or email your worker and we will respond as quickly as possible.  Due to our current work situation, response time may be longer than normal.  If you have paperwork to turn in, please do so by email, fax or drop in drop box outside the building.  We thank you for your patience and understanding. 

County Child Support Services support state services related to locating and establishment of parentage, establishing and enforcing court orders for child, medical, and child care support, reviewing and modifying court orders, and working with other states to enforce child care support when one parent does not live in Minnesota.

Visit the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) site for more information on child support programs and services and to apply for services. DHS also offers a Child Support Guidelines Calculator to help estimate child support payments.

Call the Human Services Intake line at (952) 361-1600 if you have questions or would like more information about child support issues on the local level.

Apply for Services

If you would like child support services and you are not enrolled in any public assistance programs, you must submit an application and provide necessary information. Get an application:

Complete the application and mail or take it to the Income Support Department, 602 E. Fourth St., Chaska, MN 55318. If you are applying for children who have different fathers or mothers, complete an application for each parent who lives away from the home.

Application Fee

Beginning July 1, 2016, there is no application fee to apply for child support services.

  • If you receive any of these programs: Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP), Medical Assistance (MA), Diversionary Work Program (DWP), Tribal TANF, foster care or child care assistance your case will be automatically referred for child support services. 

Forms and applications

Additional forms and applications are available from DHS, including the following forms on how to change a child support order:

  • Request review of child support case - Parents may use this form to request that the county child support office review their court order to determine if it should be changed (modified). Parties can also respond to a request for review using this form.
    Financial Statement (PDF)

  • Child support ezDocs - The interactive Child Support ezDocs web tool helps Minnesota child support participants request or respond to a review of their current case. It also shows how a participant can file their own motion with the court to review their case.

  • Court forms to bring your own motions:    The MN Judicial Branch website has many "self help" forms and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) at, "get forms."