Child Welfare

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Case management services are available to provide services to help prevent abuse or neglect and to prevent the need for out-of-home placement of children. Referral for services can be made by a parent/guardian or community professional. Call Intake at (952)361-1600 or visit the Human Services Building at 602 East Fourth Street in Chaska during regular business hours to make a request for services. Additional information on child welfare services is outlined in Minnesota Statute 256E.03.

The department's Parent Support Outreach Program offers assistance and support to families to ensure the needs of children are being met. The Child and Family Department also works with families and schools on school truancy issues.