Carver County Adult Mental Health Initiative (AMHI)
Anti-Stigma and Community Education Workgroup
Mission: To promote mental health awareness and education in Carver County by creating continuous partnerships within the community.
Vision: To create partnerships among private and public agencies, people with a lived experience of mental illness, and community members to promote mental health as a critical component of overall wellness. The core efforts include:
- Early identification and intervention
- Public awareness of mental health services
- Solutions to reduce stigma surrounding mental illness
- Develop communications infrastructure
- Sponsor regularly scheduled community forums
The Anti-Stigma and Community Education Workgroup meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month. Meetings are held from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Township Hall Conference Room at the Carver County Government Center.