Frequently Asked Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Q: How do I pay a probation fee?

A: There are a few ways to pay a probation fee. You may pay online by going to the Fee Payment page on the Court Services website. You may also send your payment (check or money order payable to Carver County) to Carver County Court Services, Justice Center, 604 East 4th Street, Chaska, MN, 55318. You may also make your payment at Court Services (second floor of the courthouse). If paying with cash, please bring the exact amount. 

Q: How do I pay fines? 

A: Court fines are paid to Carver County Court Administration. They are located on the first floor of the Justice Center at 604 East 4th Street, Chaska, MN, 55318. The phone number to Court Administration is (952) 361-1420. Please follow the prompts to speak with a live person or use the phone payment options as stated.

Q: How do I contact the Department of Corrections in Chaska?

A: The Department of Corrections is located at 207 North Chestnut Street, Suite 200, Chaska, MN, 55318. Their phone number is (952) 346-4880. Their fax number is 952-361-3430. The DOC probation agents are responsible for supervising felony-level offenders on probation.

Q: Who do I contact when I have questions about Ignition Interlock?

A: The State of Minnesota Department of Motor Vehicles sets the Ignition Interlock requirements. You may contact them at (651) 296-2948.  You may also email them at Their website is

 Q: What happens when a juvenile is taken into custody?

A: When a youth is taken into custody in Carver County, they are taken to the Carver County Juvenile Detention Center, which is a juvenile unit of the Carver County Jail. Upon intake, parents or guardians are notified by staff of the intake process. On the next business day, a probation agent will contact the guardian and address next steps for the juvenile. NOTE: All juveniles taken into custody are entitled to a detention hearing within 36 hours of their detention; business hours permitting. Please see the Juvenile Court Process document.

Q: What is the juvenile curfew in Chaska and other Carver County cities?

The juvenile curfew times in Carver County are as follows: 

Chaska: 10:00pm-5:00am for age 15 or younger; 12:00am-5:00am for ages 16-17

All other Carver County cities/townships: 11:00pm-5:00am ages under 17

Q: How do I set up community service for a juvenile?

A: To set up community service or to find out more about community service options for a juvenile case, contact probation agent Ryan Jaehnert at