Request Report

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


We have mechanisms in place to service Records Data Requests.

Contact us at:  (952) 361-1105  or email Records Request

How do I request and receive a copy of a police or accident report?

To receive a copy of a report, contact the Records department at (952) 361-1105; or in person at the Sheriff's Administration Office Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.

You can also email:  Records Request; or mail a written request to: Carver County Sheriff's Office, ATTN:  Records Request, 606 East 4th Street, Chaska, MN 55318.

There is a charge of $.25 per page for all report requests.  Photo fees vary per size.  Checks and money orders should be made payable to Carver County. We do not accept Debit or Credit Cards.

Reports are not automatically mailed. No reports are faxed or emailed.  Copies of accident, arrest and other incident reports handled by the Sheriff's Office are available for release, subject to the MN Government Data Practices Act MN Statute 13.01.


What kind of information cannot be released?

Reports marked "CONFIDENTIAL", juvenile reports and/or juvenile names, Social Services reports, reports involving vulnerable adults, victims' names and reports currently under investigation, or where the release of said report might jeopardize the safety and welfare of the people involved cannot be released.