Taxpayers Reminded of Upcoming Deadlines
CHASKA, Minn.—Carver County reminds taxpayers of second half of the year property tax deadline approaching.
Please check your tax statement to determine the correct due date. Due dates for 2019 second half property taxes are as follows:
- October 15: Second half real estate due (including residential, commercial, industrial, personal property and some agricultural).
- November 15: Second half real estate due (including some agricultural Property), and manufactured home taxes due.
The County offers many payment methods for property taxes.
- By mail: Must be postmarked by the U.S. Post Office on or before the due date. Please mail payment and stub to Carver County, P.O. Box 69, Chaska, MN 55318-0069.
- In person: Cash and check payments are accepted at the Property Tax, Elections & Licensing Department located in the Carver County Government Center, 600 E. Fourth St., Chaska, from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Taxpayers should enter at the main entrance of the Government Center located by the flag and Veterans Memorial (Entrance No. 1).
- 24-hour drop box: Located in the main parking lot of Government Center, 600 E. 4th St., Chaska.
Chanhassen Service/License Center: This location is available for payments made between Sept. 30-Oct. 15 if no receipt is needed. It is located at 7808 Kerber Blvd., Chanhassen, from 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday and Wednesday and 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Payments may be dropped off at the inside drop box or the drive-thru window.
- On-line: The online payment feature is only available for current year tax payments—delinquent payments can’t be paid online. Online payments are considered timely if processed by 11:59 p.m. on the due date. Taxpayers are encouraged to pay prior to the due date to allow time to deal with any potential technical problems. Per Minnesota law, a service fee is applied to each online transaction. Service fees are charged and retained by a third-party vendor for online payments. There is an E-check service fee of $1.20 applied to each transaction. When paying online, use only an ACH (Automated Clearing House) allowed checking account to avoid any bank issues, penalty, and/or additional fees. For online credit and debit card payments, a 2.35% service fee is applied to the tax amount (minimum fee of $1.20). Accurately key your account information to avoid returned payments which will result in additional fees and penalty if replacement payment is received after the due date.
The penalty (which ranges from 2-14%) must be added to the unpaid amount if not received on or before the due date. Penalty rates can be found on the back of the tax statement. The later the payment is, the greater the penalty.
Carver County is responsible for collecting and distributing property taxes for the county, schools, cities/townships and other jurisdictions within its boundaries. All payments must be postmarked on or before the due date to avoid penalties which begin accruing the day after the due date.
Tax statements were mailed in March to the owner of record at that time. To avoid penalty, new owners who purchased property mid-year and did not receive a statement at time of closing are urged to visit the County’s website or contact the Property Tax, Elections & License Centers Department to obtain a copy.
To sign up for a tax payment reminder two weeks prior to your tax deadline, visit the County website. Email alerts and wireless alerts (text messages) are available.
Visit the County website if you did not receive a property tax statement or wish to check the status of the tax payment. If you have any additional questions or concerns, contact us at (952) 361-1910 or email@example.com.