Lake Minnewashta Regional Park - Off-Leash Area Information
Carver County Parks continues to work on the development of the new off-leash dog area at Lake Minnewashta Regional Park.
Admittance to the off-leash dog area requires either a $5 daily or $25 annual parking permit which can be purchased through the honor box at the park entrance by the gate house.
Annual parking permits can also be purchased over the phone through the Carver County Parks Office. There is not an additional off-leash dog area permit required for this site.
The off-leash area has about .8 mile (.4 wood chipped and .4 aggregate) of walking trails, a separate small dog area for dogs under 25 pounds, a fenced pond, two large open spaces for interactive play with other dogs and a water fountain for humans and pets (will be available seasonally from May - September).
The funding for the development of the off-leash dog area was a partnership between the City of Chanhassen, City of Shorewood and the Shorewood Parks Foundation and Carver County.
Off-Leash Dog Area Rules
- Dogs must be properly licensed and vaccinated.
- Pets must be under control at all times.
- Maximum two pets per handler.
- Children must be supervised.
- Clean up after your pet.
- Dogs in "heat" are not allowed in the Dog Park.
- Handlers are liable for damage or injury inflicted by their dogs.
- Handlers must have a leash at all times.
- Dogs outside of the off leash area MUST be leashed.
- All other park rules and regulations enforced.
- No food, treats or toys in off-leash area.
Fenced Boundary of Off-Leash Dog Area
- Fence marks the boundary of the off-leash dog area
- Fence does not prevent dogs from jumping over, climbing through or leaving the off-leash dog area
- Fenced boundary does not release handlers from controlling their dogs at all times
- Fence does not eliminate the possibility of other animals to enter the off-leash dog area
For additional information about the off leash dog area contact the Carver County Parks Office 952-466-5250.