600 East 4th Street • Chaska, MN 55318 • (952) 361-1500      
Home > County GovernmentDepartments/DivisionsProperty Records & Taxpayer Services > New Taxpayer Information

New Taxpayer Information

Carver County Taxpayer Services Department
Laurie Davies, Manager
Government Center - Administration Building
600 East 4th Street
Chaska, MN 55318-2102
(952) 361-1910

Dear Carver County Taxpayer,

If you have recently moved to Carver County, this letter is to remind you of 5 important issues:


Correct records are important and will enable us to better serve you in the future.  Please review your name and mailing address on any documentation you receive from Carver County.  If they are incorrect, please call us at (952) 361-1910.


New ownership or a change in ownership name(s) requires a new homestead application. Please contact the County Assessor's office at (952) 361-1960.


Tax statements are mailed once a year by March 31st. The first half tax is due May 15 and the balance is due October 15th or November 15th depending on the classification of the property. If you are unsure of the due date, whether the full year taxes have been paid or you need a copy of the tax statement, please visit Property Tax Records on our website or call us at (952) 361-1910. Failure to receive a property tax statement does not exempt the taxpayer from timely payment of taxes due.


If your name and/or permanent residential address have changed since you last voted, you will need to re-register to vote before any future elections.  A voter registration application is available on our website, from most city hall offices, Carver County public libraries, the Carver County Taxpayer Services Department, or as part of the driver's license application. If you have any further questions, please call (952) 361-1910.


If you have moved, you must update your driver's license.  Also, you may need to renew your motor vehicle registration, purchase a game and fish license, renew a registration on a watercraft or all-terrain vehicle, or apply for a passport.  Carver County Taxpayer Services operates two full-service license centers located in Chaska and Chanhassen that provide these services.  In compliance with NEW Federal mandated laws, not all services are provided at both license centers. 

Again, this is just a reminder to avoid any potential problems or misunderstandings at a later date.  If you have any questions, please contact one of the above mentioned offices for assistance.


Laurie Davies, Manager
Carver County Taxpayer Services Department