Water Management Organization
Water resources management is the responsibility of the Carver County Water Management Organization (CCWMO). The CCWMO's tasks include planning, funding regulating, monitoring, and implementation the Water Management Plan, in the following watersheds: Beven's Creek, Carver Creek, East and West Chaska Creek, Pioneer Sarah and the Crow River.
Advisory Committee Opening
Carver County Water Management Organization (CCWMO) is seeking applicants for its Advisory Committee, a group made up of citizens and staff that provides input to staff and makes recommendations to the County Board on water resource policies, projects and programs. The group meets monthly, the last Tuesday of each month at the Carver County Government Center in Chaska. Learn more and apply here.
Interested candidates can apply online or contact Madeline Seveland at email@example.com or 952-361-1026 to request a paper application be mailed to them. Appointments are made by the County Board.
- Citizen representative from the Crow River Watershed. Area includes the cities of Watertown, Mayer and New Germany and the townships of Hollywood, Watertown and Camden.
- Citizen representative from Commissioner District 4. Area includes the cities of Waconia, Watertown and Mayer and townships of Hollywood, Watertown and Waconia.
- Township representative, a citizen currently serving on a township Board in Carver County.
Application deadline is January 15th, 2015.
Advisory Committee Mission
Work with CCWMO staff to proactively make recommendations to the County Board on matters relating to water management including;
- Projects and project prioritization
- Funding and water levy
- Water Plan, Groundwater Plan & Solid Waste Plan
- Water quality and TMDL program and projects
- Education program and projects
- Feasibility studies