Camping at Baylor Park
Our 2015 season has concluded: Thanks for a GREAT season, see you next year!
Enjoy a peaceful, convenient family camp experience at Baylor Park. The campground at Baylor Park has many large shade trees that provide protection from sun and wind while creating a natural camping environment. Located in the rural agricultural setting of western Carver County, Baylor Park campgrounds are within an hour and a half drive of much of the metropolitan area. Fifty campsites, thirty-five of which have water and electrical hookups, have been developed. Shower and restroom facilities are conveniently located for visitor use. While in the park, enjoy the other park facilities including, playgrounds, beach, walking trails, horseshoe pits, tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, beach facilities, paddle boats, ball diamond, play equipment and picnic shelters.
Anticipated 2016 Camping Season: Friday 5/13 - Saturday 10/8
2015 Camping Fees:
$25.00-per night for campsites with water and electrical hookups
$18.00-per night for primitive campsites
$5.00-per night for vehicle parking (not included with the camping fee)
$7.00-reservation fee (non-refundable)
$25.00-Annual Vehicle Parking Permit
$14.00-Second Annual Parking permit
$10.00-Non-camper dump station fee (not included in annual vehicle permit)
$ 5.00-Cancellation fee per night per site
2015 Mid-week Camping Packages! (Sunday - Thursday excluding holidays)
3 Night Stay
>Utility Site for only $67.00 and includes parking for 1 vehicle
>Tent Site(primitive) for only $38 and includes parking for 1 vehicle
4 Night Stay
>Utility Site for only $83.00 and includes parking for 1 vehicle
>Tent Site(primitive) for only $55.00 and includes parking for 1 vehicle
Mid week reservation special through parks office at (952) 466-5250
Specific camp sites can be reserved but not guaranteed
Camping Reservations begin the second Tuesday in January and end the second weekend in October for the camping season.
To make a reservation or for additional information, contact the park office at (952) 466-5250.
Reservation fees are non refundable.
Reservations cancelled more than 7 days before the arrival date will be refunded the camping fee(s).
Cancellations made within 7 days of the arrival date there is a $5.00 per night, per site cancellation fee.
Reservations cancelled on the date of arrival are non refundable.
The Carver County Parks office is open Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Any message left after the park office closes is considered part of the next business day.
General Camping Rules and Information: (Look! Firewood Restriction)
- Camping permits are issued to person's age 18 and older. An adult must accompany persons under age 18.
- Maximum of 8 people per site.
- Limit of one RV and one tent OR two tents per site.
- One camping unit per site
- One car/vehicle per site (Additional parking available at Park Office)
- Vehicle permits are required on all motorized vehicles (including towed or trailer vehicles)
- Maximum camping stay is 14 calendar days per month. Must change sites after 7 days. There is no limit on length of stay on Monday through Friday camping. Campers exercising this option agree to vacate on weekends and holidays (weekends include Friday and Saturday night reservations).
- Quiet hours are from 10 P.M. to 7 A.M. daily.
- Fires are allowed only in fire rings or self-contained grills.
- Cutting and burning of park trees (dead or alive) is prohibited.
- No wildlife within the park shall be disturbed in any manner.
- Pets are allowed in campgrounds only if kept on leash no more than six feet in length.
- No pet may be tethered to a tree or plant. Owners are responsible for removal of pet feces and disposing of it in a sanitary manner. Dogs cannot be left unattended.
- Check-out time is 2 P.M. and check-in time is 3 P.M. to 8 P.M.
- Management reserves the right to remove campers who violate park rules, are belligerent or abusive.
- Park rules and ordinance enforced by Carver County Sheriff's Department.
- For a complete listing of park ordinances and rules, contact the park office.
Campground Programming & Events:
Annual Chili Cook-off:
To conclude the camping season each year, Baylor Campground and Parks Staff host an Annual Chili Cook-off. This is a unique event which draws full capacity in the Campground, as well as interest from surrounding Communities each year. Our event is family focused, often times receiving chili entries from parent/child and husband/wife combinations. Aside from "bragging rights" until the upcoming years event, trophies and awards are presented courtesy of the Parks Department and Park Commission. Chili Champ, 2nd and 3rd place, as well as Hottest Chili, Most Unique and People's Choice are awarded. This event takes place the last Saturday of camping season each year.
Here are the AWARD WINNERS from this years Cook-off, the 11th Annual Event!
Saturday Campfire Programs run Memorial Day thru Labor Day:
After a relaxing day around your campsite and a tasty meal over the fire, round-up the family, put on some extra bug spray and come enjoy some excellent programming around the campfire. These family focused programs will allow you to learn new crafts, meet new folks, try new skills and view the world around us. See our Campfire Program schedule, which can be also found on our Upcoming Events/Programs page. These are FREE events that are available to all Park visitors. Hope to see you and your family there!
Saturday Morning Mischief Programs run Memorial Day thru Labor Day:
Each Saturday morning throughout the Camping season, Campground Staff have developed self-guided outdoor-based programs, designed for the entire family. Craft projects, story walks, scavenger hunts, photo searches...cool things! Our Morning Mischief Programs are FREE and run from 10:00am - 11:00am from the Campground Office/Lobby area. See our Mischief Program guide to learn what opportunity you will have when you stay at Baylor. Ask Campground Staff for more information upon your arrival and check-in.
Campground Map and Brochures:
Campground Map (pdf)
Campground Brochure (pdf)
Baylor Park Map (pdf)