Chemical Health Program
Evaluation, Referral, Counseling
For information, diagnostic assessment/evaluation, referral, individual or family counseling regarding chemical use and abuse contact your local insurance company or call:
Carver County Community Social Services
(952) 361-1600 (952) 442-4476 (952) 446-1636
- Self-Help Groups:
- AA for individuals concerned about their alcohol or other drug use. Call (952) 922-0880.
- Al-ANON for family members or friends who are concerned about someone's alcohol or other drug use. Call (952) 920-3961.
- Al-ATEEN for children affected by family member's alcohol or other drug use. Call (952) 920-3961.
- ACA for adults who as children were affected by a parent's alcohol or other drug use. Call (763) 574-0903.
- If you have insurance, contact your insurance carrier for a referral.
- Additional information regarding treatment resources is available through Carver County Community Social Services.
- Detoxification Services:
Safe medical withdrawal from alcohol or other drugs is available 24 hours a day to adults and adolescents. Clients also receive a diagnostic assessment of their chemical use and appropriate resources are recommended.
The following programs are available to Carver County residents:
Dakota County Receiving Center
1200 East 18th Street , Building 1
Hastings, MN (651) 437-4209
3409 East Medicine Lake Boulevard
Plymouth, MN (763) 559-1402
Fees are charged whether the admission is voluntary or involuntary. Clients may arrange self-payment directly with the detox program or they may elect to be billed by the County. Financial assistance may be requested. Only a few insurance companies cover detox fees; most HMOs require prior authorization.
Resources In Schools: