600 East 4th Street • Chaska, MN 55318 • (952) 361-1500  
Home > County GovernmentDepartments/DivisionsCommunity Social ServicesFirst Street Center (Mental Health)Services Offered > Chemical Health Program

Chemical Health Program

Evaluation, Referral, Counseling

For information, diagnostic assessment/evaluation, referral, individual or family counseling regarding chemical use and abuse contact your local insurance company or call:

Carver County Community Social Services
(952) 361-1600          (952) 442-4476           (952) 446-1636

  • Self-Help Groups:

    • AA  for individuals concerned about their alcohol or other drug use.  Call (952) 922-0880.
    • Al-ANON  for family members or friends who are concerned about someone's alcohol or other drug use.  Call (952) 920-3961.
    • Al-ATEEN  for children affected by family member's alcohol or other drug use.  Call (952) 920-3961.
    • ACA  for adults who as children were affected by a parent's alcohol or other drug use.  Call (763) 574-0903.

  • Treatment:

    • If you have insurance, contact your insurance carrier for a referral.
    • Additional information regarding treatment resources is available through Carver County Community Social Services.

  • Detoxification Services:
Safe medical withdrawal from alcohol or other drugs is available 24 hours a day to adults and adolescents.  Clients also receive a diagnostic assessment of their chemical use and appropriate resources are recommended.
The following programs are available to Carver County residents:
    • Dakota County Receiving Center
      1200 East 18th Street , Building 1
      Hastings, MN            (651) 437-4209
    • Mission Detox/Evaluations
      3409 East Medicine Lake Boulevard
      Plymouth, MN            (763) 559-1402

      Fees  are charged whether the admission is voluntary or involuntary.  Clients may arrange self-payment directly with the detox program or they may elect to be billed by the County.  Financial assistance may be requested.  Only a few insurance companies cover detox fees; most HMOs require prior authorization.

  • Resources In Schools:

    • Contact your school principal or counselor