ENCORE: Adult Day Services Program
The Encore Program is an adult day program that provides services designed to meet the needs of adults along with providing respite for their caregivers.
The Encore Program, which is located at 609 First Street West in Waconia, has been operated by Carver County Community Social Services since 1977.
TO CONTACT US
HOURS OF OPERATION
The Encore Program operates Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Encore Program staff consists of a team of 4 trained, caring professionals with many years of experience working with older adults and disabled adults. The staff includes a therapeutic recreation specialist, social worker and two program assistants. In addition, the Encore Program contracts with a local home care agency for the services of a registered nurse and a physical therapist.
Benefits to Encore Program Participants and Their Families:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- A safe and secure environment with well supervised care by experienced staff
- Assessment and individual attention to program participants needs
- Nutritionally balanced and special diet noon meals as well as healthy morning and afternoon snacks
- Ongoing health monitoring including blood pressure checks, weights, etc.
- Medication supervision and/or assistance
- Assistance with personal cares
- Daily exercises, strength training programs and fall prevention activities
- Assessments and recommendations by a Physical Therapist as needed
- Times to rest and relax each day
- Health and wellness educational programs
- Indoor and outdoor recreation activities
SOCIALIZATION AND LIFE ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES
- Intergenerational activities with students from local schools and children from other local organizations
- Attention to individual interests and abilities
- Individual activity opportunities and activity choices throughout the day
- Memory enhancement activities
- Reminiscing and discussion times
- A variety of arts and crafts activities
- Card games and Bingo
- Field trips and community outings
- Sing-alongs, special musical entertainers and guest speakers
- Patio gardening under the direction of a Master Gardener
- Visits from a local librarian
- Books on loan from the local library
- Book club
- Computer education, games and activities
- Reminiscing activities and discussion groups
- Community outings/field trips
- Community service projects
- Transportation to and from homes in Carver County with lift equipped SmartLink buses (with an additional cost)
- Field trips to local schools and community sites and events
- Showers (with an additional cost)
- Caregiver consultation services and support for caregiving decisions and concerns
- Monthly Caregiver Support Group
The Encore Program receives reimbursement through a variety of funding options including private pay arrangements, a sliding fee scale, Medical Assistance Waiver programs, long-term care insurance, the Veterans Administration and the Greater Twin Cities United Way.
For more information and to arrange a visit, call (952) 442-7660.
LINKS OF INTEREST
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT THE ENCORE ADULT DAY SERVICES PROGRAM
- The Encore Program has been a lifesaver for my father and gave my mother a break.
- I like the way that the staff interact with the Program participants. The overall positive atmosphere and respect for each participant is so appreciated.
- I have developed friendships in the Program. It is always nice to come and see my friends and to catch up on their news.
- It helps me to see my mother having so much fun in the Program, and I know that when I drop her off there that she will be safe.
- Staff members at the Encore Program are well trained, alert, and quick to respond to health issues and concerns.
- The Encore Program helps me through the long days of life.