ENCORE: Adult Day Services Program
TO CONTACT US
HOURS OF OPERATION
The Encore Program operates Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
2015 Holiday Schedule - The program will be closed in observance of County holidays.
The Encore Program staff consists of a team of 4 trained, caring professionals with many years of experience working with older adults and disabled adults. The staff includes a therapeutic recreation specialist, social worker and two program assistants. In addition, the Encore Program contracts with a local home care agency for the services of a registered nurse and a physical therapist.
Benefits to Encore Program Participants and Their Families:
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- A safe and secure environment with well supervised care by experienced staff
- Assessment and individual attention to program participants needs
- Nutritionally balanced and special diet noon meals as well as healthy morning and afternoon snacks
- Ongoing health monitoring including blood pressure checks, weights, etc.
- Medication supervision and/or assistance
- Assistance with personal cares
- Daily exercises, strength training programs and fall prevention activities
- Assessments and recommendations by a Physical Therapist as needed
- Times to rest and relax each day
- Health and wellness educational programs
- Indoor and outdoor recreation activities
SOCIALIZATION AND LIFE ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES
- Intergenerational activities with students from local schools and children from other local organizations
- Attention to individual interests and abilities
- Individual activity opportunities and activity choices throughout the day
- Memory enhancement activities
- Reminiscing and discussion times
- A variety of arts and crafts activities
- Card games and Bingo
- Field trips and community outings
- Sing-alongs, special musical entertainers and guest speakers
- Patio gardening under the direction of a Master Gardener
- Visits from a local librarian
- Books on loan from the local library
- Book club
- Computer education, games and activities
- Reminiscing activities and discussion groups
- Community outings/field trips
- Community service projects
- Transportation to and from homes in Carver County with lift equipped SmartLink buses (with an additional cost)
- Field trips to local schools and community sites and events
- Showers (with an additional cost)
- Caregiver consultation services and support for caregiving decisions and concerns
- Monthly Caregiver Support Group
The Encore Program receives reimbursement through a variety of funding options including private pay arrangements, a sliding fee scale, Medical Assistance Waiver programs, long-term care insurance, the Veterans Administration and the Greater Twin Cities United Way.
For more information and to arrange a visit, call (952) 442-7660.
LINKS OF INTEREST
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT THE ENCORE ADULT DAY SERVICES PROGRAM
- The Encore Program has been a lifesaver for my father and gave my mother a break.
- I like the way that the staff interact with the Program participants. The overall positive atmosphere and respect for each participant is so appreciated.
- I have developed friendships in the Program. It is always nice to come and see my friends and to catch up on their news.
- It helps me to see my mother having so much fun in the Program, and I know that when I drop her off there that she will be safe.
- Staff members at the Encore Program are well trained, alert, and quick to respond to health issues and concerns.
- The Encore Program helps me through the long days of life.