600 East 4th Street • Chaska, MN 55318 • (952) 361-1500      
Home > County GovernmentDepartments/Divisions > Community Social Services

Community Social Services

602 E. 4th Street, Chaska, MN 55318
(952) 361-1600
Fax:  (952) 361-1660 


Community Social Services provides a wide variety of services that reach out to assist the population of Carver County. The following table provides a brief explanation of these services.



Adoption Services 
(Special Needs)

Provides adoptive home studies for families wanting to adopt special needs children. Adoptive placement and post adoption services are also provided to parents adopting abused and neglected children.

Adult Services

Services to adults who are in need of protection and civil commitment for persons at risk of serious harm due to mental illness or chemical dependency.

Chemical Dependency Services

Provides assessment, information, and referral to services and funding for eligible persons and for treatment.

Children's Services

Protects abused or neglected children and helps strengthen families so they can stay together.  Licenses people to provide foster care.

Child Support

Collects child support for all eligible persons applying.

Developmental Disabilities

Coordinates services for people who have developmental disabilities or a related condition.

Employment and Training

Provides assessment, training, and job placement assistance for income eligible adults and youth.  Provides childcare assistance and licenses family daycare providers.

Financial Assistance

Determines eligibility for Financial Assistance, Medical Assistance and Food Stamps for individuals and families in need.

Foster Care

Provides foster care licensing services to families wanting to provide foster care to adults and children.

Intake, Licensing & Volunteers

Helps persons determine their needs and referral to services. Conducts child and adult maltreatment assessments.

 Mental Health Services

Provides outpatient assessment, testing, counseling, therapy and a network of services to assist persons with serious emotional disturbance or mental illness.

Senior Services

Assessment to determine if nursing home placement is necessary. Alternative home care services including homemaking. Adult day care for older adults with physical impairments.


Handicap accessible buses and volunteer drivers provide rides to elderly and disabled persons.