Home > County GovernmentElected OfficialsSheriffGeneral Information > Request Report

Request Report

What kind of information cannot be released?

We do not automatically mail out copies of reports.  No reports are faxed.  Copies of accident, arrest and other incident reports handled by the Sheriff's Office are available for release, subject to the MN Government Data Practices Act (MN Statute 13.01).

To receive a copy of a report contact the Records unit at (952) 361-1212; come to the Sheriff's Administration Office in person Monday - Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM or send a written request to 606 East 4th Street, Chaska, MN 55318. Directions

There is a charge of $.25 for all accident reports.  All other reports are $.25 for the initial report and $.25 for each additional page.  Photo fees vary per size.  Checks should be made payable to Carver County.

What kind of information cannot be released?

Reports marked "CONFIDENTIAL", juvenile reports and/or juvenile names, Social Services reports, reports involving vulnerable adults, victims' names and reports currently under investigation, or where the release of said report might jeopardize the safety and welfare of the people involved cannot be released.

I need a copy of my accident report for my insurance company.

In the event of an accident, contact your insurance company and ask your agent to send a written request to our office, along with a $5 check made out to the Carver County Treasurer. These requests are received and processed weekly by our Records staff.