The Patrol Services Division is comprised of forty-six (46) patrol deputies and six sergeants, operating under the leadership of Lieutenant Jason Kamerud. Lt. Kamerud began his career with the Carver County Sheriff's Office in 1990. Since then he has worked in a variety of assignments and positions including corrections, narcotics, patrol, task force commander, and most recently overseeing Patrol Services.
The deputies and sergeants assigned to Patrol Services are distributed as outlined below:
- Six deputies assigned to county-wide, base-level general patrol
- Four lead deputy corporals and two K-9 handlers
- Thirteen deputies assigned to base-level general patrol duties in one of the three geographical regions within the county
- Twenty-seven (27) contract deputies assigned to contract communities
- Chanhassen - Twelve deputies
- Waconia - Five deputies
- Victoria - Three deputies
- Watertown - Two deputies
- Carver - One deputy
- NYA/Cologne/Hamburg Region - Three deputies
- Mayer/New Germany/Watertown Twp - One deputy
Most deputies begin their careers at the Sheriff's Office assigned to the Patrol Services Division. Assignment to this division affords deputies an opportunity to serve in any of the Patrol Services functions:
The Patrol Services Division is committed to providing quality, responsive police services to the citizens of Carver County.